Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
Job Title: Corporate Auditor
The Corporate Auditor will ultimately deliver high quality financial and operational audit reviews across Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd – both plants and its depots and ensure key objectives of the department are achieved. The Corporate Auditor will report to the Full Scope Audit Manager.He/She might also have to report to any of the Unit Managers within the Internal Audit Department during some audit assignments.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
• Deliver high quality financial and operational audit reviews across NBC
• Participate in ad-hoc projects and investigations
• Communicate audit observations, related risks to clients.
• Conduct audits of the Plants/Functions and provide objective view on the control environment
• Conduct special reviews and investigation when the need arises and documentation of reports
• Provide supporting documents on observation raised.
• Execute annual audit plans in an effective and efficient manner.
• Resolution of complex problems arising during projects
• Be a consultant to the Plants/Functions on matters of controls, process improvements, capabilities and programs.
• Develop cost effective and value adding recommendations to various business observation raised.
• Act as liaison between the Plant/Function Management and internal audit department
• Increase efficiency and quality of departmental deliverables: quality of audit reports, time allocation, follow up processes, etc.
• Contributes new ideas, and intelligently partake in team discussions and active participation in the audit meeting.
• Ensure that health, safety and environmental impact is a consideration in decision- making in all matters.
• Encourage paper free audits and energy-saving initiatives
• Support the company’s CSR agenda.
• Development of cost-effective, value-adding recommendations.
• Assess Plants/Functions compliance with Group policies, local policies, local regulations, etc.
• Timely Reporting of audit observations from audit projects
• Deliver high quality audit reports
• Effective communication of audit observations
• Effective management of the departmental budget, optimization of time, project/traveling costs during specific project.
• Knowledge sharing with colleagues
• Display appropriate technical and soft skills set; from which other team members can learn.
• Act as a consultant for the Company on highly significant matters relating to internal controls,financial policies, programs,capabilities and long-range goals and objectives.
• Update of audit work program/work papers on SharePoint.
Desired candidate profile
Qualifications / Experience:
• Minimum of HND or University Degree
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Proven ability to make complex decisions based on analysis and judgment
• Coaching and mentoring for technical excellence
• Full professional qualification in ICAN or ACCA will be an advantage
• Minimum of 3 years working experience
• Process driven environment or background.
• Perfect English language skills
• Understand tactical requirements, full knowledge of functional strategy
• Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Industry/business knowledge
• Understand financial impact of decisions
• Read and interpret financial and business data
• Time / resource management
• Good report writing skills
• Good organization skills and able to prioritize appropriately
• Basic Accounting and Business Administration Knowledge will be appreciated.
• Planning and Process improvement skills
• Good Communication & inter-personal Skills
• Computer literate –Good knowledge of MS Office Suite – working knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
Values / Attitudes:
• Drive for results
• High integrity, respect for diversity
• Ability to develop win-win solutions
• Willingness to try new ideas
• Team Player
• Willingness to travel as required
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply