Nigerian Army list of Shortlisted Names for Direct Short Service Commission Course 23 (DSSC) and Short Service Combatant 44 (SSC) 2016 has been released. The successful DSSC candidates shortlisted below are to report for the Direct Short Service Commission Course 23/2016 Selection Interview scheduled to hold at NYSC Orientation Camp, Dutse, Jigawa State from 5 – 19 August, 2016
While the successful SSC Candidates shortlisted below are to report for the Short Service Combatant Course 44/2016 Selection Interview scheduled to hold at the Nigerian Defence Academy (Old Site), Kaduna from 5 – 19 August 2016.
General Instructions to Candidates
1.) Candidates are required to report on 5 August 2016 at the interview venue with the following:
- Writing materials including ruler and eraser.
- 2 pairs of white vests (unmarked).
- Set of cutleries including plates and drinking cups.
- Beddings to include blankets, white bedspread and pillow case.
- ECG report from any government certified hospital.
- 2 pairs of navy blue shorts.
- Canvas shoes/trainers and white socks.
- 4 copies of full size colour photographs in standing position and in suit.
2.) The selection board will involve physical, medical and academic tests. There will also be an oral interview for all candidates.
3.) Candidates will be required to produce original and photocopies of the following:
- All academic/professional certificates including degree/HND, WASC/GCE or equivalent, testimonials, NYSC Discharge or valid Exemption Certificate as applicable and a file jacket.
- Valid birth certificate as endorsed by the National Population Commission, hospital, Local Government Council of birth or valid age declaration.
- Valid certificate of state of origin.
- Military Identity Card (for Service Personnel).
- Letter of recommendation by the commanding officer for military personnel.
- Letter of sponsorship in tertiary academic institution for military personnel.
4.) Candidates will be fed and accommodated for the duration of the interview.
5.) Candidates would be responsible for their transportation to and from the interview venue.
6.) The use of personal/private vehicles will not be allowed throughout the duration of the interview.
7.) Visitors will not be allowed throughout the duration of the interview.
8.) Candidates will report at Nigerian Defence Academy (Old Site), Kaduna on 5 August 2016. Candidates will be received from 9 am. Candidates who arrive later than 6 pm of 5th August, 2016 will be disqualified.
Note: The Nigerian Army shall not be liable for any injuries/death recorded in the course of the selection interview.