Nigeria Machine Tools Limited is the leading manufacturer of machine tools, machine accessories, mechanical spares and after sales support provider in West Africa. Our assembly, production capabilities and plant facilities make us the preferred provider of some of the most complex machinery tools and varied equipment.
As part of its expansion, the company is seeking to engage the services of resourceful and competent personnel for the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
General Purpose of the Job
- We are looking for an ambitious, highly personable professional with strong commercial acumen built upon solid technical foundation in materials science or engineering.
- The job holder will manage across multiple stakeholder interfaces so a collaborative style is a critical success factor.
- The position is based at Lagos but significant travel will be required.
- The ideal candidate will lead the development of market opportunities mainly within oilfield services offerings including definition and execution of revised go-to-market strategies through the wider NMT sales network.
- In addition the role include direct management of the highest profile key accounts in the Nigeria Oil & Gas segment but also new key accounts from new markets.
Specific Key Responsibilities
- Through current Oil & Gas activities and new sectors like Surface Treatment and Machining but not exclusively,
- Develop and execute strategies for multiple service product offerings, including commercialisation of NMT Oshogbo, brand new, state-of-the-art, surface treatment plant. Key accountability is delivery of business plans for relevant product lines.
- Act as voice of customer in definition of new technical offerings to the oil & gas, Surface treatment, machining sectors- hence technical competence is a critical success factor for the role.
- Contribute to the development of strategy for all sectors
- Engage fully with marketing department to design, target and execute marketing initiatives for the Oil & Gas sector.
- Collates and interprets market intelligence report on NMT products and services from the distributors or customers to help management in decision making process.
- Work closely with the corporate communication department to continuously evaluate/adjust promotional and advertising programmes
- Directly manage all aspects of growth with large key accounts in the Oil & Gas sector of NMT business and also new sectors. Key accountabilities are delivery of sales budget and management of service mix for these clients.
- Provide functional leadership to colleagues in account managing the next tier of large customers through the distributed Oil and Gas Sales executive network.
- Collaborate with technical colleagues to understand requirements of complex customer projects and in developing both commercial and technical solutions to meet their testing needs.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or industrial Engineering or equivalent or related field.
- MBA and any other professional qualification in relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 12 years working experience in business development in a structured environment with three of those on a senior management level.
Knowledge/Skills and Personal Qualities
- High level of technical competence in material science or relevant engineering academic background, supported by previous industrial experience in technical positions.
- A sophisticated communicator and comfortable operating in a matrix structure requiring a range of styles, including managing through influence.
- Experience of major bids and tenders highly desirable, including contract preparation and negotiation.
- Sector or industry experience desirable.
- Technical corrosion experience would be particularly valuable.
- Ability to travel long distance within the country and abroad.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer, particularly the Microsoft Office Suites.
- A significant experience in Product Management of technical complex offerings where you can demonstrate a track record of both sales growth and portfolio development.
- An excellent manager of multilevel client relationships and have previous experience in sales or business development capacity.
- Have a clear grasp on the distinction between strategic planning and technical execution, with a track record of success in both.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in an attachment and state the position as the subject of their email to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 25th November, 2016.