Nigeria Education Crisis Response Project a USAID funded project aimed at supporting Adamawa, Bauch, Gombe, and Yobe states to expand access to quality, relevant non-formal education and alternative education opportunities for internally displaced children as well as out-of- school children in host communities, aged 6 to 17 at target locations. Activities focus on quality and relevant instruction and teaching-learning materials for literacy, numeracy and life skills; community engagement and support of schooling as well as State and local government an civil society support for these efforts.
Nigeria Education Crisis Response Project is seeking application from qualified Nigerian Nationals to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Procurement/Human Resources Management Officer
Project Duration: 2 years
Position Start Date: Immediately
Reporting & Supervision: The Procurement/Human Resources Management Officer reports to the Project Director in the Bauchi office.
- The Procurement/Human Resources Management Officer serves two purposes.
- The incumbent performs and services required to function optimally, inducting ensuring compliance with the appropriate guidelines, policies, and approved internal controls.
- Additionally, the officer oversees and manages human resources issues on the project.
A.) Primary Responsibilities
As a Procurement Officer:
- Establish, lead, and implement Procurement processes and all logistics operations for the project, including grants, strictly’ following all rules and regulations established by USAID, Creative Associates, and follow all stipulations established by Nigerian law, including:
- ADS (Automated Directive System)
- FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- CFR (U.S. Code of Federal Regulations)
- AAPD (Acquisition & Assistance Policy Directive)
- BIS Regulations (Bureau of Industry and Security)
- Local Nigerian Law
- Review and recommend changes to procurement policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain policies for material procurement process
- Manage/Maintain a registry and file system for procurements to allow for efficient document and process audits, according to
- Creative and USAID standards, and maintain the privacy of grantees and vendors
- Maintain files, including: proposal, evaluation, award documents, official contract, and correspondence of all procurements, following
- Creative policy and local law
- Provide training to program team, grantees, and beneficiaries as it pertains to established protocols, by the project and local law for procurement and delivery of goods and services
- Manage account status for all credit accounts established with vendors
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the context and/or needs of the beneficiary, community, and/or Project Develop and analyze technical specifications of materials, with consideration for investment, loss, and associated value, and review and adjust budgets as needed
- Design and prepare Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team. Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including, such as delivery receipts Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation of related expenses under grants
- Prepare, solicit quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operation and operations procurement, including the projection of related expenses
- Verify deliveries are complete and timely
- Work with local, national, and international vendors of goods and services to ensure quality, maintain professional distance required to ensure high ethical standards
- Invite potential vendors to compete offers for the purchase of goods or services including under grants, either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanism that ensures high standards of transparency.
- Designate or participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations
- Verify quality and quantity of products according to the context and/or needs of the beneficiary, community, and/or Project Process procurements according to rules and regulations
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds.
B.) Primary Responsibilities
As a Human Resources Management Officer:
- Review CV’s and application information and prepare short-list for any vacancies. Schedule interviews.
- Organize and assist in conducting interviews alongside senior management. Write minutes of the interview proceedings.
- Monitor contract renewals and ensure performance evaluation is completed.
- Provide information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during the control/audit exercise.
- General administrative duties like mailing and receipt of internal and external mail for the administration, courier service arrangement
- and if needed give assistance to fan/rig, photocopying and making sure that staff contacts are updated.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Human Resource Director (Creative Home Office).
- Prepare minutes for Staff Meetings.
- Orienting newly employed staff to the ECR Central Office.
- Prepare and provide new employee documents containing Creative roles and regulations.
- Process and compile employee records confidentially and accurately in flies.
- Work with Team Leaders to ensure employees who go on leave fill in the Leave Forms.
- Ensure individual employees fill in and submit Time Sheets on time.
- Reconcile Timed/wets with information on Leave Forms.
- Ensure all employees are on Medical Insurance, together with their eligible dependents.
- Ensure all queries and challenges faced by employees regarding their medical insurance are attended to be the Insurance Company for clearance.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience working on programs funded by international donors (preferably USAID)
- BA/B.Sc degree in relevant field highly desired
- Strong communication skills; Fluency in English and local languages required
- The physical demands and wont environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- This position description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
- Strong knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations required
- Three years prior relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated logistical issues
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in a current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND a cover letter, to: [email protected] Applicants should indicate the Job Position as the subject of their email.
Note: Females as well as Indigenes from Bauchi and other North East states are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 3rd February, 2016.