Nigeria Education Crisis Response Project a USAID funded project aimed at supporting Adamawa, Bauch, Gombe, and Yobe states to expand access to quality, relevant non-formal education and alternative education opportunities for internally displaced children as well as out-of- school children in host communities, aged 6 to 17 at target locations. Activities focus on quality and relevant instruction and teaching-learning materials for literacy, numeracy and life skills; community engagement and support of schooling as well as State and local government an civil society support for these efforts.
Nigeria Education Crisis Response Project is seeking application from qualified Nigerian Nationals to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Grants Manager
Project Duration: 2 years
Position Start Date: Immediately
Reporting & Supervision: The Grants Manager will report directly to the Director, Finance and Grants in the Bauchi Office
- The Grants Manager will be responsible for oversight of all grants activities, including ensuring efficient and proper controls for USAID grants compliance and reporting;
- Coordinating training and grants administration with NGOs and their sub-grantees; and review and submission of financial reports as required for each grant.
- Implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and dosing grants according to USAID regulations and the projects Grants Manual.
- Responsible for maintaining grant files and ensuring that they are always up-to-date Coordinate and support project audits, grantor’s audit, or monitoring visits.
- Conduct educational and training workshops on proposal preparation and/or financial monitoring, as necessary.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining the Creative’s Integrated Management Database System (IDMS) Other tasks as may be assigned from time to time
- Develop solicitations, coordinate the evaluation of applications. Award grants, monitor and report on financial activities as appropriate. Monitor grantees to ensure compliance with USAID regulation.
- Assist large NGOs to convey grants-management requirements, processes, and skills to their local affiliates as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences
- 2-4 years’ experience in grants management, including disbursements and reporting.
- Knowledgeable about USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in a current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND a cover letter, to: [email protected] Applicants should indicate the Job Position as the subject of their email
Note: Females as well as Indigenes from Bauchi and other North East states are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 3rd February, 2016.