The Nigeria Association of Information Technology Enabled Outsourcing Companies (NAITEOC) is an umbrella body for the development of the Outsourcing Industry in Nigeria in which one of its aims and objectives is to promote Nigeria as a competitive alternative on Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) in West Africa and Africa as a whole.
The NAITEOC initiative was conceived by NITDA in 2012 for the growth and development of the outsourcing industry in Nigeria.
NAITEOC therefore seeks suitable Nigerians to fill the position below:
Job Position: Program Officer
Kindly note that this job description is not intended to be an inclusive list of responsibilities for the position. The program officer shall be expected to follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as may be assigned from time to time by the Board.
1. Work closely and effectively with the Executive Secretary of the NAITEOC Board;
2. Provide Administrative support in preparation for the meetings of the Board
3. Develop, maintain and update relevant database for the effective running of the Association;
4. Identify and build relationship with relevant stakeholders in the Outsourcing industry, the Government, non-ICT sector, ICT development agencies, policy makers and research organizations that are critical to delivering NAITEOC objectives;
5. Establish strategic partnerships with relevant organization both on the demand and supply side of the Outsourcing Industry globally;
6. Represent the Association at relevant meetings, workshops, seminars and policy oriented event;
7. Develop ideas and projects for formal collaboration with targeted development agencies, policy and research organizations;
8. Identify and track emerging opportunities through the institutional funding strategy and action plan;
9. Articulation of programs and event for the Association in collaboration with the Board;
10. Provide leadership in policy, research, evaluation and management support for the Association’s program, partners and initiatives;
11. Conduct long term program strategy formulation for the Association in conjunction with the Board;
12. To undertake fund raising activities for the Association
13. To undertake sales and marketing efforts towards the promotion of NAITEOC locally and internationally;
14. To undertake research and development activities for purpose of positioning NAITEOC as a “THINK-TANK/ STRATEGY body;
- · Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills;
- · Strong knowledge of the IT/Outsourcing industry;
- · Research and Analysis
- · Excellent planning, organizational, multi-task and time management skills;
- · Proven ability to efficiently and effectively handle multiple tasks at the same time;
- · Must be computer literate; experience working with Word, Excel and PowerPoint will be strongly preferred;
- · Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team oriented approach to attain Association goals;
- · Good reporting skills;
- · Program and project management experience
- · Demonstrates the ability to develop and communicate a clear strategic direction, taking into account the needs and interest of the Association as a whole;
- · Demonstrated ability to work independently, as part of a team with minimal supervision and the capacity to take direction
- · Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- · 2 or 3 years work experience in similar position. Work within the Outsourcing and Information Technology space will be an added advantage.
- · Experience working at National and international levels including working within NGO sector and a background in initiating and implementing programs;
The Association offers competitive salary with excellent working conditions;
How to Apply
1. A curriculum vitae
2. A cover letter describing why you are interested in the position and summarizing your relevant experience and suitability for the post (no more than 3 pages in length).
3. The names and contact details of 3 referees:
Apply by email to the following addresses:
Email: [email protected]
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19th August, 2016