Bradfield Consulting Limited, Our client is an NGO whose aim is to stop child abuse in Nigeria. We are currently looking for a highly motivated and capable staff member to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Analyst – NGO
- Reporting to the County Program Manager, you will provide foundation executives, boards, and staff with data-driven insights to enhance the effectiveness of their work; write project reports and research proposals.
- The ideal candidate will be a talented writer who can translate numbers into stories, or a strong data analyst who can write better each time. Previous international exposure/experience preferred
- Identify priority program areas for implementation of organization’s mission and goals.
- Conduct research and advocacy to influence policies and practices of governments, IGOs, and NGOs, with a particular focus on Child abuse.
- Collect and maintain information (data and reports) in a well-organized manner to support analyzes and for further dissemination.
- Draft research reports designed to influence child rights and conduct policy-relevant research on child abuse towards developing innovative approaches to conceptualizing child rights.
- Implement advocacy using research results, through report dissemination, one-to-one meetings, training and focus group discussions.
- Assist in the process of building collaboration with other partner institutions, i.e, maintain and update contact lists of implementing and research partners, other key stakeholders, and consultants, keep confidentiality of files on projects.
- Contribute to the overall research process of preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyzes by identifying current scientific literature as assigned by the Program staff.
- Provide logistical support to staff in planning and organizing conferences, workshops and meetings and participate in relevant meetings.
- Develop and maintain relations with key stakeholders and interlocutors in order to build networks to learn and share advocacy messages.
- Contribute to strategies, approaches, and projects designed to address child abuse and other priority research topics, as and when identified, and contribute to fundraising.
- Perform a wide variety of research field work preparation tasks i.e, make detailed observations, enter data in Excel format, assist in analyzing data and collect supporting documents or literature from the internet and other sources for interpreting results.
Skills and Competencies
- Detail oriented, strong primary, secondary and on-line research skills
- Strong communications skills, comfortable working in team
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
Education and Experience
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Economics, Statistics or related fields
- 3 years’ social work experience, preferably with international exposure/experience preferred
- Experience in market research or development economics is desirable.
- Good project management skill and client contact
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and experience with statistical packages (i.e. SPSS, SAS, STATA, R) desirable
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex data and run reports
- Demonstrated ability to conduct quantitative analysis and synthesize findings into persuasive recommendations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply