One Acre Fund – We are united by a shared passion – to bring the highest-quality service to the hardest-working people on the planet. Consider joining the most likeable and mission-oriented international development team on the planet!
Job Title: New Market Partnership Manager
An exceptional relationship builder and strategic thinker with 5+ years of entrepreneurial experience and a desire to seek out and develop opportunities to serve smallholder farmers in new markets.
Lagos, Nigeria, with regular travel to Abuja and occasional travel to rural areas
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job
Farmers make up the majority of the world’s population in the world’s developing countries. To reach millions of additional farm families, One Acre Fund’s new markets unit will seek out and identify opportunities in new markets. The New Markets Partnerships Manager will be a key leader to help One Acre Fund grow and succeed in new markets. The key focus of news markets growth will be partnerships with regional and national governments, but we also want to explore other, new exciting opportunities with NGO and private sector actors. We want someone to not only grow and develop a team, but to manage the critical functions outlined below:
- Initiate and Cultivate National and Local Relationships – develop initial relationships at the national and regional level for new countries of operation, especially with host governments. This will involve cultivating relationships with people in key ministries and other influential individuals outside of the government. The goal of these efforts is to create an enabling environment to allow for rapid expansion of the most promising opportunities.
- Create New Business Opportunities – lead scoping efforts for possible partnership opportunities with major government agencies and other key players as well as seeking out other new business opportunities to allow us to generate significant impact for farmers.
- Develop Strategies and Products for New Markets – use knowledge of partners to help shape strategies to explore opportunities in new markets, coordinate high level organizational discussions about which opportunities to pursue, and contribute to tailoring our services for local contexts.
- New Market Analysis – coordinate the collection and analysis of critical data and information to effectively evaluate new market and business opportunities.
- Legal – evaluate legal and regulatory landscapes and coordinate with legal department to formalize operations in new countries (registration, work permits, compliance with regulations, etc.)
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 5+ years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience.
- Demonstrated passion for cultivating relationships with public and private sector actors.
- Experience developing innovative ideas and opportunities. We are seeking and entrepreneur at heart.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume)
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply