The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Mubi Office, is looking for suitable candidate to fill the vacancies below:
Job Title: Protection Field Officer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- Responsible for the implementation of Protection (mainly Restoring Family Links) in her/ his Area of Responsibility (AoR)
- Participates in the analysis of the situation and humanitarian issues.
- Identifies protection problems and ensures proper treatment of enquiries following family separation, violations of IHL and other humanitarian consequences of the conflict, violence or natural disasters
- Participates in networking and dialogue with relevant interlocutors, ensures interaction with other departments (Assistance, Prevention and Coopertation), Sub-delegations and offices, the NRCS and external contacts.
- Contributes to the reporting of violent incidents and Health Care in Danger incidents tables.
- Acts as a source of information in the AoR for Communication, Cooperation departments and Management or Delegates. Advises, and guides them in their networking activities.
- University degree in a relevant field, preferably in the field of law
- 4 years experience in the Protection/Tracing with very good command of the Prot6 software
- Excellent written and spoken English, Hausa, Kanuri (Shuaa-Arab and French an asset)
- Good computer skills: knowledge in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Represents the organization properly with different level of interlocutors.
- Sound analytical skills, Good knowledge of the Area of Responsibility – AoR (Political, cultural and geographical)
- Driving Licence and succeeded in ICRC Driving test.
- Team-work oriented, sound communication skills, familiar with protocol and official diplomatic communication
- Very good communication and inter-personal skills: ability to deal with people respectfully and showing empathy towards others (colleagues, beneficiaries, authorities)
- Ability to work independently, and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate
- Leadership skills with ability to manage and supervise tasks with effectiveness as per the set priorities
- Able to work under pressure; flexible and open to extra working hours if necessary
- Capacity to carry out activities and manage files of importance in the field of ICRC PROTactivities (RFL, PCP and Missing).
- Staff management capacity and very good team spirit
- Ability to keep discretion and handling confidential matters effectively
- Sound capacity to strictly apply ICRC rules and procedures
- Adaptability and capacity to integrate changes and deal with important volume of work
- Punctual, reliable, confirmed organizational skills and Sound analytical skills
Job Title: Polyvalent Field Officer
- Developing a state-wide security network to monitor and follow up on the security situation in the different Local Government Areas (LGAs)
- Conduct ICRC dissemination activities to audiences and interlocutors and thus contribution to the further positioning of the ICRC in the Area of Responsibility (AoR)
- Maintaining, developing and expanding a network of interlocutors relevant for ICRC activities within the AoR
- Collaboration with the Nigerian Red Cross Society branch and divisions relevant for the Damaturu office
- Support in the Protection-activities of the office, especially in the activities related to restoring family links and protection of civilian population
- Advises the Head of Office and Field Delegates/officers in the networking of the office and ways of how to improve positioning of the ICRC with key players within the AoR
- University degree preferably in Social sciences (political science, sociology, anthropology, etc.)
- Background in security services an asset (the candidate should hold a senior officer rank)
- Minimum of 4 years of working experience in positions with public outreach and/or security management
- Excellent knowledge of the political, security and socio-cultural/religious dynamics of North East of Nigeria in general and Yobe State in specific.
- Existing network with key players of at least one of the mentioned layers (politics, security, religious circles, society)
- Advanced analytical skills, especially on political, security and social dynamics of Yobe state but also regional perspective
- Good communication skills, excellent knowledge of written and oral English and advanced reporting skills (writing reports)
- Advanced computer skills is a must (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in security management is an asset
- Previous working experience with a humanitarian organisation or NGO/CSO is an asset
- Rigorous, methodical and accurate
- High organizational skills
- Honesty & integrity
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Sensitivity and empathy to work with beneficiaries of the ICRC(victims of conflict/violence) in a neutral and impartial manner
- Flexibility to work over time when needed
- Clear and accurate written and oral expression
- Interest and flexibility to work in a multinational/cultural working environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, CV’s and contact details of three referees to:
- Please clearly indicate “Protection Field Officer, Mubi” as the subject of your application. (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 7th February, 2017.