Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited is a commission agent/performing a task on behalf of the exporter/importer routine tasks such as Loading/unloading of goods,storage of goods,arranging local transport, obtaining payment for his Customers.
Our scope covers the area of freight forwarding and logistics services .
Job Title: Trade Assistant
- The role requires the Trade Assistant to respond to market demands and trends.
- To Assist in maximizing space planning both at vessel and terminal level.
- To Handle import and export issues
- To work in a busy team environment and will participate in weekly or daily planning meetings.
- To review and monitor cargo flows throughout various load ports, update, maintain and develop space planning and systems.
- You will also monitor terminal capacity and vessel planned cargo, trade and market demands.
- To liaise with worldwide load and forecasting capacity requirements as well as lifting port agents to maximize capacity utilization to respond to market requirements.
- Negotiating to conclude various contracts, settle various payments and dispute resolutions
- Liaising with all relevant sales staff, back office, corporate functional divisions, third party experts and servicers to successfully manage contracts, logistics, payments, dispute resolutions
- Issue contracts/invoices/debit notes; handle/create/scrutinize shipping documents and payment on time with proper manner on a daily basis
- Manage import/export license application
- Work closely with Project Managers and logistics team for shipment matters.
- Compile monthly SG Customs Strategic Goods Bulk Permit (Tier3 Permit) shipments report
- Conduct Shipping Request review & approval.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of trade documentation including electronic data, with core function: Commercial Invoice (CI) Generation
- Develop and implement trade relevant procedures
- Internal Control Program – assist in filing / administrative work / develop flow chart
- Training – compile training materials / prepare attendance form
- Daily input into internal systems such as ECC and other specific computerized systems
- Sorting, delivering, filing and archiving documents
- Arranging credit line applications and managing all ancillary preparatory, monitoring work relevant to credit line management and trade receivable/payable managements
- Summarize and report accurate trade and commodities futures order recap to relevant parties
- Produce accounts and reconcile the profit figures for the department
- Administrative duties (including document management, booking hotels and transport, arranging conferences etc.)
- Minimum of Diploma and above in Logistics/Shipping/Trade or any other relevant discipline
- Atleast minimum of 2yrs+ Experience in a Logistic /shipping company
- Highly proficient in Business English(verbal, written and listening)
- Ideally good at space management and statistics.
- Good analytical skills. Able to digest large volumes of data and documents accurately and methodically
- Ability to work as part of a team and also independently, always with punctuality in mind
- Ability to prioritize tasks in alignment with stringent deadlines and work under constant pressure
- To coordinate and accommodate work process, ensuring jobs getting done across different time zones
- To work autonomously with integrity, sincerity, action driven, solution seeking, cross cultural, open-minded mentality in rigorous and constantly changing business environment
- Ability to manage and keep good relationships with internal and external individuals, organizations
- Advanced command of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and SAP
- Friendly , positive attitude with a firm commitment to learn and grow.
Job Title: Account Executive
Major responsibilities of this position are to generate revenue growth and provide comprehensive customer service.
- Customer service duties including providing customer tracking and shipment status to answer inquiries, and educating and training customers on technology solutions for tracking, pricing and reporting. The Freight Forwarding Account Executive assists in establishing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for meeting customer expectations and works with Accounts Receivable to resolve billing disputes.
- Keep daily communication with Global offices for the purpose of pricing tender templates Negotiating contract Terms and Conditions, communicating strategically with other company’s stakeholders, arranging monthly reports for management
- Assesses and identifies business needs and conducts customer analysis to determine customer requirements and constraints, determine the impact of products/services on customers, and identify which products, services and features to promote to current/potential customers
- Builds business partnerships and develops key customer relationships to maximize account profitability. Understands the customer’s business and aligns account strategies to customer goals
- Managing all facets of key client accounts
- To act as point of entry for any contractual issues
- Applies knowledge of core business and of freight structure and operations to resolve problems, make decisions and achieve business objectives
- Taking a direct but professional approach when working with clients to ensure that business standards are consistently met
- To work closely with all Operating Staff and Directors simultaneously
- Maintain, build and manage professional relationships at all levels
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing customers using email, phone, face to face contact along with lunches and after hours entertainment
- Identify business opportunities and generate profitable sales in both new and existing accounts
- Assist in the development and implementation of sales plans that support increased sales.
- Build strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organizations to understand opportunities for creating value.
- Capitalize on value creation opportunities by working closely with the sales and operations management team to develop creative workable solutions to customer needs.
- Facilitate regular meetings with clients and relevant operations staff to evaluate performance and receive updates from clients on challenges and future plans.
- Coordinate tender negotiations for direct customers and key accounts
- Conducts competitive analysis of competitor’s offerings and strategies, and maintains awareness of competitive environment
- Creates and develops strategies and plans for effectively managing accounts
- Monitoring customer booking forecast and relay to port of loading agents where necessary
- Negotiating ad hoc space requests with Head office Visiting Cargo owner and key accounts regularly
- Utilize shipping technology and systems for account activity review and customer database sign-up
- Train customers on use of web-based shipping and tracking functions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years’ experience in Freight Forwarding/Shipping/Logistics essential
- Previous experience within a shipping role
- Previous experience as a Key Account, Key Client, Business Development or Operations Manager is an advantage.
- Proven track record of sales success, customer relations
- Strong customer service skills with sound business related knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments. (Fluent English)
- Professional appearance,Organized and On-Time
- Ability to perform with little or no supervision.
- Able to work on own initiative and to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships within all levels of organizations, including senior level executives.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Software (Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to ask questions, listen carefully and understand customer’s needs and opportunities
- Extremely competitive, professional and driven
- Ability to understand competitor strategies, products and pricing patterns.
- Be available to travel abroad with short notice
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications via mail to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 08/02/2017