NES Consulting is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior HR Business Partner (Generalist)
Provides HR services in the area of staffing and recruitment, learning and development, compensation& benefits employee relations such as employee recognition, rewards, communication, management of employee surveys and employee assistance programs that reinforce business strategy, improve satisfaction balanced with organisation investment
Overall goals / typical measures
- Align with SSA HR Targets
- Manage employee recruitment, selection, hiring and placement. Ensure timely hiring of qualified workforce.
- Manage induction programs to enable new employees to become familiar with the company’s business, policy and culture.
- Formulate fair and equitable processes and guidelines on employee counselling and discipline.
- Handle all employee disciplinary and grievance matters such as conducting inquiry sessions, recommending employee dismissal, etc.
- Train line managers and supervisors on the proper counselling and disciplinary techniques.
- Ensure delivery of high quality employee relations services.
- Ensure a variety of communication tools and mechanisms are in place to ensure that employees are well informed and have the opportunity for feedback.
Overall goals / typical measures:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Good understanding of DPDHL and DGF policies and processes
Learning & Development
- Conduct learning needs analysis that enables the scheduling of training programs to fit the needs of the individual and business strategy.
- Continuously source and implement effective training evaluation methods while maintaining acceptable quality levels.
- Manage the Training costs to meet budget requirements and seek opportunities to support savings (e.g. encourage great using of mylearningworld).
- Advise management on appropriate learning and development investments.
- Develop and roll out learning and development annual plan. Ensure best practice learning techniques are adopted and practised.
- Organisational Development: ensure organisation development programs are supported by training.
- Career Development: ensure career management systems include career counselling, development programs and succession planning
- Implement and promote local programs to encourage a culture of high performance and reinforcing the company values.
- Implement and manage regional programs to ensure effective promotion and fair selection of awardees.
- Provide programs that encourage more ownership of recognition with the line manager.
- Propose any effective solutions to increase company productivity with particular regard for example to working hours shifts to reduce overtime, use the most effective country employment agreement to hire people, control and manage illness rate, use the vacation days, travel & living expenses, company car, mobile phone, other benefits, etc..
Employee Welfare Recreational Activities & Social Responsibility:
- Lead and manage various employee welfare, recreational activities and social responsibility (sports, company outing, Christmas Party, employee gathering, social events, etc.) to enhance teamwork, employee morale and social involvement.
Overall goals / typical measures:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Zero lost/damage on clients supplies
- Number of actual trainings rolled out vs. training calendar.
- Result of KPI
- Service Level Agreement
- Develop a high performance service culture within the functional department.
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of Global, Regional and Country objectives and targets.
- Identify learning needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department.
- Plan, organize and direct an efficient and effective functional department.
- Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Conduct performance appraisal.
Overall goals/typical measures:
- Skills with excellent understanding of business.
- Optimum utilization of resources
- Positive “can do” attitude.
- Employee development.
- Succession planning.
- Employee accountability and performance.
- Employee satisfaction
- Influence evidenced throughout organization.
- Unplanned staff turnover.
- Review and recommend necessary changes to business practices and its procedures for improvements, as deemed appropriate by the management
- Manages the vehicle fleet and respective insurances, manage all company insurance (e.g. fire insurance, accidents at work, health, etc.)
- Represents and contact all public services regarding labour questions and courts in cases of labour disputes.
- Keep updated all company documents (e.g. legal documents, licenses, etc.)
- Facilitation and training skills
- Good communication skills in, spoken and written – French skills will be good
- Good knowledge of Nigeria Labour Law
- Project management skills
- Software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Customer Orientation: Is focused on identifying and understanding each customer’s needs. Expresses and acts on desire to assist customers in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Planning & Organizing: Sets clear and realistic goals and objectives. Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and use efficient work methods and tools.
- Decision Making: Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty. Anticipates impact of decisions and plans how to manage risk.
- Developing People: Facilitates the development of others through personal involvement in coaching, mentoring and sponsorship. Creates an environment that fosters learning, growth and development to improve the company’s capability to achieve the strategic vision.
- Building and Leading Teams: Knows the talent needs of the team. Attracts and develops the people who can meet those needs. Encourages effective cooperation among team members and between teams. Inspires team spirit and the commitment to achieve high standards of performance.
- Influencing: Persuades others of the value of an approach or idea. Gains commitment and support and gets others to willingly take action.
- Commitment to Excel: Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results, striving for best in class. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.
- Communication: Provides both verbal and written information in a timely, clear and concise manner. Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style, tools and mode to the needs of others. Listens attentively, and summarizes or asks questions, when needed, to clarify information.
Expected Educational Qualifications/Experience
- Expected years of experience(Minimum) 5-8 years of relevant HR experience as Generalist
- Human Resource, Psychology or Law University degree
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 1st January 2016