Face2face Africa, a fast-growing Pan-African focused media company is seeking an experienced writer passionate about African news and affairs to join our team.
This is a full-time home based position from anywhere in Nigeria. Applicant must have personal computer with reliable internet and must be able to work from home without any disruptions.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Staff Writer/Journalist- Online
As a staff writer, you will be part of an excellent team that will be responsible for identifying and covering breaking news and African affairs from a research-driven, thought-provoking perspective for our online news platform:
- Gather information about newsworthy events through research, interviews, experience, or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social, or other functions
- Ensure work is well-written, accurate and submitted to deadline
- Suggest images to accompany written pieces
- Meet with colleagues to plan the daily content and the character of the publication
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals who are credible sources of information.
- Keep up to date with trends and developments relating to the platform’s subject matter
- Revise work to meet editorial approval or to fit time or space requirements
- Discuss issues with editors to establish priorities or positions.
- Check reference materials, such as books, news files, or public records, to obtain relevant facts
- Arrange interviews with people who can provide information about a story
- Investigate breaking news developments, such as disasters, crimes, or human-interest stories
- Write and edit news stories and features per Face2FaceAfrica.com writer’s guideline
- Review and evaluate notes taken about news events to isolate pertinent facts and details
- Develop ideas or material for columns or commentaries by analyzing and interpreting news, current issues, or personal experiences
- Write reviews of literary, musical, or other artwork, based on knowledge, judgment, or experience
- Receive assignments or evaluate leads or tips to develop story ideas
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with online/web publishing.
- Experience with wordpress.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, a cover letter and 3 writing samples to:[email protected]
Note: Please include in Subject Line: Staff Writer-Nigeria.
Application Deadline 30th March, 2016.