The National Institute for Nigerian Languages (NINLAN) is an Inter-University Centre for Nigerian Language Studies. It is an autonomous institution under the regulation of the National Universities Commission (NUC).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Librarian
- Candidates must have at least a Master’s degree in Library Science.
- Possession of a Ph.D will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must have evidence of scholarly publications related to Library/Information Science in reputable journals and books.
- Candidates should have had a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, and at a level not below the rank of Deputy Librarian or its equivalent in a tertiary institution.
- In addition, candidates must belong to the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) as well as the Nigerian Library Association (NLA).
Job Title: Bursar
- Applicants must possess a degree in any of Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or any other related discipline with a minimum of second class lower.
- In addition, applicants must possess any of the following professional qualifications: ACA, ACMA, CPA, ACCA, ICAN or ANAN.
- Applicants must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience in a tertiary institution and should have attained the level of a Deputy Bursar or its equivalent, and must not be older than sixty (60) years on assumption of duty.
Job Title: Deputy Executive Director
Duties of the Deputy Executive Director
- The Deputy Executive Director is a Principal Officer in the Institute.
- He/she shall assist the Executive Director in the execution of his duties.
- A candidate for the post of Deputy Executive Director must be a Professor of at least five years standing in a reputable University in Linguistics or other related discipline.
In addition, he must:
- Show academic experience through publication in recognized local and international journals.
- Show academic leadership through postgraduate supervision and be able to attract research grant from bath local and international funding agencies.
- Be ready to lead various research groups within the Institute.
Job Title: Director of Works
- Candidates must have a good honours degree any of Civil Engineering, Architecture, Building Technology or any other related discipline.
- Possession of a higher degree r the above areas will be an added advantage. In addition, candidates must be registered with relevant professional bodies such as COREN, ARCON, etc.
- Candidates should be on a rank not bebw that of a Deputy Director and must not be older than sixty (60) years on assumption of duty.
- Candidates must also have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience.
Job Title: Registrar
- Applicants must possess a good honours degree.
- Possession of a higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience in the administration of a tertiary institution.
- In addition, a candidate should have attained the rank of a Deputy Registrar or its equivalent and must not be older than sixty (60) years on assumption of duty.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies each of their applications, credentials, and detailed Curriculum Vitae; and are to request their referees to send references on them to:
The Executive Director,
National Institute for Nigerian Languages (NINLAN),
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Application Deadline 8th December, 2015.