United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children.
In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the National Consultant on Water Supply Facilities’ Management Systems Vacancy at UNICEF
Job Position: National Consultant on Water Supply Facilities’ Management Systems
VN No: VN-NGR-56-2015
Type of Appointment: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Purpose of the Consultant
- To support the development and operationalization of systems for sustainable water supply facilities management within project communities.
Major Tasks to be Accomplished
- Task 1: Conduct literature review on the existing documents on water supply facilities technology options, Operation and maintenance manuals, water point surveys and technical feasibility
- Task 2: Support a rapid assessment of motorized water supply systems in key project States and document the existing technology options and O&M practices
- Task 3: Facilitate stakeholders’ consultation towards the review and finalization of the draft operation and maintenance manual for motorized schemes
- Task 4: Facilitate consultations and drafting of minimum service standards for community water supply delivery
- Task 5: Support the documentation of community level facilities management practices and models and develop guidelines for service contracts for water supply facilities management
- Task 6: Facilitate national and sub-national level dissemination and capacity building activities on minimum service standards and water supply facilities’ management systems
- Task 7: Support processes for introducing models on sustainable water supply facilities’ management in at least 3 project communities.
- Post Graduate Degree in Engineering, Geology, Water Supply,Public Health or related fields relevant to WASH
- Good analytical skills and report writing ability including experience in tracking programme effectiveness and efficiency with IT skills and use of statistical software for data management
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Knowledge of local languages would be an advantage.
- Effectively work as part of a team in difficult circumstances and manage relationships with government Officials and other UNICEF partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in designing, construction and management of water supply facility options, especially for rural communities
- Minimum of 3 years progressive experience working in the WASH sector and supporting community-oriented service delivery and participatory capacity development for operation and maintenance of diverse options of water supply facilities
- Ability to identify learning points, formulate strategies and scale up concepts
- Experience in networking, social mobilization and advocating for results amongst government agencies, NGO’s private actors and development partners.
- Excellent training and facilitation skills with ability to effectively lead participatory discussions and manage large group processes
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidate should submit their application, accompanied by updated CV’s in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form.
Application should be sent to: [email protected] Candidate are advised to put the Job Title on the Subject line of their email.