Our company, Nampak Cartons Nigeria Ltd, Ibadan, is a member of a packaging multinational with over 100 operations in 19 countries, committed to packaging excellence In service delivery in accordance with global proven best practices.
Job Title: Logistics Manager
As part of our business strategy we seek to recruit a competent and result – oriented Logistics Manager. The job incumbent will report directly to the Financial Manager.
Main purpose of the job:
The main purpose of this function involves expediting of imports, purchasing, receiving, issuing, receipt and dispatching of finished goods and transport arrangement. It also requires nurturing good customer and vendor relations.
- Co-ordinate procurement and supply chain (Local and Intemational).
- Raw material demand analysis and placing of International purchase orders to keep optimum working capital Levels.
- Handle contracts and price negotiation with vendors in conjunction with the Financial Manager.
- Responsible for monthly stock takes and cycle counts.
- Warehouse management and ensure stock accuracy at all times.
- Manage, schedule and arrange the transport of finished goods to customers.
- Ensured adherence to laid down procurement policy guideline of the business
- Develop value added and strategic relationship with key suppliers through SLAs and contract, and periodic performance review process.
- Opening of Form M, processing of documents and initiating and reporting Logistics plans.
- Expedite all imports swiftly through customs to prevent demurrage costs.
- Calculation of landed cost and tracking forwarding agent invoices for accuracy.
- Manage insurance claims swiftly as and when they arise.
- Vendor research and vendor forum development.
- Develop ideas and models that integrate procurement and cost reduction in Logistics.
- Prepare necessary documents for imports and work closely with relevant border authorities and forwarding agents.
- Responsible for managing inventory of raw materials, finished goods, spares, consumables and packaging materials.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a University Degree in Supply Chain management or related Disciplines.
- Be able to work independently and under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Have good interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Have a high level of accuracy and pay great attention to detail.
- Have at least 10 years experience as a Logistics Manager in a manufacturing environment.
- Have excellent experience in using ERP systems, preferable Syspro, JD Edwards or SAP.
- Have advanced Excel skills.
REMUNERATION: Remuneration package is very attractive and competitive for successful candidate.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications and CVs (MS Word format) containing current earning, daytime address, e-mail and telephone numbers to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 24 November 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted