The Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) is a non-profit organization, founded on the ideals of the Late Gen. Murtala Muhammed, a former Head of State of Nigeria (1975-76).
MMF is dedicated to improving the quality of life of Africans. The Foundation specifically focuses on engendering self-reliance and fulfillment by working tirelessly on policy and advocacy for issues that impact on ethics, equity, good governance and economic empowerment, encouraging business development, education and providing medium term disaster relief.
Job Title: Grant Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Role of Grants Manager:
The Grant Manager will be part of a highly efficient and motivated team. He/she will be primarily responsible for sourcing project grants. The incumbent will identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to third-party entities. The position is also responsible for collecting, analyzing and reporting data on the performance of program activities that are funded by third-party public and private sources.
In particular, the responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Ensuring the Program Management Cycle is implemented in program activities
- Management of projects and programs
- Representing the Foundation with external partners
- Developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities.
- Creating and maintaining monitoring and evaluation plans for projects and programs
- Generating proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations
- Design and preparation of fund-raising proposals and grants application
- Webinar Meetings of active and potential funders, etc
- Conduct research, policy analysis and advocacy on the thematic areas of the Foundation
- Facilitate grants ‘kick off’ meetings
- Preparation of reports to donor agencies and report for MMF Annual report
- Meet the target for grants as assigned and budgeted for the year.
- Organize events, conferences, workshops and seminars based on agreed outlook and scope.
- Ensure timely completion of training programmes according to work plan
- Network with other organizations involving in both internal and external as identified
- Undertaking capacity building in the team
- Writing reports according to established schedule and donor requirements
- Developing communication material (newsletters, annual reports, etc.) for distribution to donors and other stakeholders
- Developing the annual strategy with the Chief Executive Officer and Management
- Developing a fundraising strategy for the organization
- Conducting mapping of institutional donors and foundations (EU, UN, USAID, DFID, etc), highlighting common priorities
- Investigating and spearheading new avenues for individual support and/or donations
- Developing a donor management tool where reports and history of donors can be easily tracked
- Analytical – synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complete tasks, designs work flows and procedures
- Design – Generates creative solutions, translates concepts and information into images, demonstrates attention to detail
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations
- Technical Skills – Assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others
- Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views
- A bachelor’s degree and Upper credit in social development, public relations or any related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years experience working as a grant officer in a non for profit organization.
- Proven track record of revenue generation in a non for profit organization
- The ideal candidate should be outgoing, confident, persuasive communicators and have excellent writing skills.
- Excellent financial analysis skills
- Must be able to give effective presentations
- Must be able to use the Microsoft suite effectively
- Excellent Marketing Skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply