MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable.
It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Corporate Segment Management
Employment Status: Permanent
Department: Enterprise Sales
- Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
- Develop and execute strategic marketing plan and programs to achieve set targets for profitability, revenue, value and market share, retention churn, etc (short-term and long-term)
- Implement market growth strategy in conjunction with Product Development Managers, ES Sales and other stakeholders
- Define market needs based on relevant value proposition packages for the Corporate Segment market
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Develop strategy for promotional propositions to acquire new customers and stimulate usage amongst existing customers
- Identify and analyse new and emerging trends and understand their impact on needs for the future
- Develop and execute segment specific promotions to achieve specific market objectives
- Define and prioritise customer segment data and customer intelligence requirements.
- Identify, analyse and facilitate business growth through alliances and association marketing approaches.
- Direct customer insight and market intelligence
- Develop detailed understanding of customer segment needs, behavior, attitudes, and buyer values
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Utilize strategic marketing mix and channel options to deliver marketing offers to target markets (strategic alliances, bundling, augmented product)
- Lead and facilitate the discussion and negotiation of strategic issues with the senior leadership team across the organization and provide high-level strategic advice and guidance that relates to the segment.
- Customize and differentiate MTN Business product and service offerings in the market
- Design customers lifecycle extension plan so as to take advantage of market opportunities
- Initiate and interpret research as it concerns the Corporate Segment market
- Assess market based segmentation in the segment strategy development process (apply needs based segmentation).
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- Regional, national and international travel may be required.
- Experience & Training.
Experience and Training
- Minimum of 4 year tertiary qualification / Masters advantageous in Business Admin
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience in marketing, strategy development and implementation
- First degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or any relevant discipline
- 10 years working experience which includes:
- Relevant experience in Business Development
- Marketing Management and decision making
- Presentation skills
- Management development programmes
- Business to Business marketing training
- Strategic marketing and competitive analysis
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd March, 2016.