MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN is recruiting to fill the vacant job position below:
Job Title: Service Transition Manager
- Manage the transitioning of all planned and emergency services into production to improve on customer services
- Manage and support the contract and service level agreements of the IS organization
- Manage the Service Asset Life circle of all IT Assets
- Ensure all transitioned services have an element of digital services before go life with proper SLA for measuring digital services
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative, capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural changes within the Unit etc.
- Develop compelling business cases for investment within relevant verticals, to assist in clearly identifying return on investment and risk.
- Contribute to the development of IS Services strategies and develop detailed plans in support of related strategies, organizing required resources, monitoring and periodically reporting progress of plans.
- Manage all IT Licenses in compliance to regulatory and compliance
- Manage and drive business partnering and engagement to improve IS business satisfaction index and improved business relationship
- Assess resource requirements and assist in preparing the budget for IS Infrastructure services.
- Review IS related issues, acting as single point of service transition as related to Change and Release Management issues.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for MTNN’s benefit. This includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions, involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business performance etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
- Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational performance and drive people management activities by being the principal coach for your direct reports using the people management framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
- Identify and develop a robust pipeline of prospects within the strategic accounts which are systematically qualified, whilst managing the decision-making process within the account to ensure sales opportunities are closed.
- Chairs the Change Control Board and review impact with the business for approval
- Identify and manage the Service Asset Life circle of all IT assets with regular audit and reporting.
- Ensure the preparation and presentation of periodic management reports on the activities of the Change, Release and SLA management
- Ensure IS conforms to the current trend of Bimodal structure of IT in relation to Change and Release Management
- Research new process improvement methodologies and approaches to aligning the IS organization to the business in terms of Change, Release, Configuration and Service Level Management.
- Manage and coordinate all Information System Change and Release Management processes with the aim of reducing and elimination business downtime and improving customer experience
- Get service requirements from the business and draft Business SLAs to aligning IT to the business
- Manage the Service Asset Life cycle of all IT Assets
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Occasional local and international travel often at short notice.
Experience & Training:
- First degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or related discipline
- Fluent in English
- ITIL v3 Expert, PMP or PRINCE2
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage
- Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in developing and Managing Change, Configuration and Release Management in an IT environment to support service delivery.
- Hands on experience in developing and managing business SLAs and contracts with inclusion of License management for the organisation.
- Project management
- Negotiation management skills
- Effective communication skills.
- Service Management software.
- Hands-on experience in Support service in an ITIL based service organization
- ITIL practitioners training
- Effective customer service.
- BEng, BTech, HND or BA qualification
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply