MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable.
It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: General Manager Corporate Affair
- Extract value from what we already have through cross-functional/and or regionally focused activities such as: multi-functional business optimisation, contracts review and negotiation, cross-functional capital/budget efficiency projects etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new cross-functional business opportunities, e.g., through nurturing new business opportunities, products launched, product/process innovation, structural changes, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state legislations & policies, participating in state level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as thought leader, executing regional/local CSR projects, involvement in (inter)industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities, data analysis, reviews, etc.
- Cross-functional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation, employee networks mentorship/support, cross-division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, talent mentorship, etc.
- Provide technical leadership/advice in the formulation and development of corporate communications framework, policies and guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTNN policies and procedures.
- Provide thought leadership and advice on the creation/adoption of a framework to integrate business analysis and planning into MTNN’s engagements and identify /create distinct competitive advantages for the organization through strategic use of information.
- Develop platforms for critical stakeholder engagement /corporate communication & information dissemination
- Custodian of the MTN point of view and MTN’s chief chronicler of events & activities past and present.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership/execution as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at ExCom) etc.
- Develop enterprise wide corporate communications structures and systems that enable the effective dissemination and collation of information from stakeholders (including electronic medium –websites, periodic newsletter, newspaper, etc).
- Oversee all aspects of planning and execution of major corporate events and manage relations with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders in achieving related objectives.
- Develop high level media briefing documents for senior management, including pre-briefing meetings and supporting management, when required, on external speaking platforms with focus on media opportunities, managing and producing high level presentations/speeches for CEO/Executives.
- Initiate and manage fresh communications platforms including Interactive Web-Based Communication and Sustainability Report, developing systems and policies for capturing and sharing information about MTNN successes and activities.
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Normal MTN working conditions.
- Local/International travel as required
Experience & Training
- First degree in Social Science/Humanities or any relevant discipline / Masters advantageous
- Possession of an MBA or Masters will be advantageous
- 12 years’ relevant or related experience which includes:
- Senior management track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry as per relevant role
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding personal carriage , influence & authority
- Track record/Evidence of significant business & social network
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- BA, BSC, BTECH, LLB or HND
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st March, 2016.