Mott MacDonald is a global management, engineering and development consultancy adding value for public and private clients on agenda-setting, next-generation projects worldwide. We use our ingenuity to save our customers money and time, reduce risks, increase efficiency, maximise sustainable outcomes and advance best practice.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Ref: 23134BR
Contract Type: Contract
Work Pattern: Full-Time
Job Category: Education, Management Consultancy, International Development
- Ensure that CENL obtain goods and services of the right quality, delivered in a timely manner at the optimum whole life value, whilst complying with the company’s aims and policies, including sustainability and ethics.
- Directly responsible for receiving procurement requisitions, sending out requests for proposals, quotations and expression of interest, and purchasing goods and non-HR services for the company.
- Directly responsible for processing suppliers payments, preparing local purchase orders and supplier contracts based on MM standard T & C’s, and ensuring the timely settlement of all undisputed supplier invoices.
- Responsible for managing the database of suppliers known as the Approved Suppliers’ List (ASL), as identified and updated by the Procurement Committee.
- Support the Procurement, IT and Facilities Manager to prepare procurement plans each phase of the project in sync with technical work plans and overall MM business plans.
- Implement the MM PDR procedures, ensuring timely completion of meaningful reviews for all line managed staff and follow up to ensure that development actions are implemented.
- Responsible for ensuring that the procurement process map and guidelines are strictly complied with and that value for money (VFM) is obtained through an open and fair competitive process – where value for money is defined in terms of the right quality, delivered in a timely manner and at the optimum whole life value.
- Support the Procurement Committee to assess the risks associated with any procurement activity and balancing the allocation of risk with the commercial benefits.
- Responsible, along with the Procurement Committee, for evaluating and managing the performance of suppliers in order to ensure consistent and improved quality delivery, retain value for money, and reduce whole life costs.
- Maintain a list of indicative prices for purchase of frequently required items under the programme and periodically update giving required feedbacks to the Procurement Committee.
- Plan and manage inventory levels of materials or products.
- Support HR section to ensure completion of mandatory training by all line managed staff.
- Communicate timeously and effectively with line manager, other BST staff, managers of MM programmes and external parties as required.
- Support all measures to ensure cost-effectiveness and value for money both for MM and external clients such as DFID.
- Support the Procurement, IT and Facilities Manager to implement sustainability principles in the procurement of goods and services and to ensure that suppliers are compliant with the company’s sustainability principles.
- Actively develop and maintain relationship with suppliers that is mutually beneficial, long term and trust-based, and act responsibly, with integrity and be fair, honest and open in all commercial activities.
- Provide leadership and direction for the Front Desk Assistant that fosters a strong team culture and organizational ownership that ensures efficient delivery of functions and supports ongoing professional development.
Required Academic/Professional Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Educated to a minimum degree level or equivalent
- Previous procurement experience preferably in a multinational company, DFID or other International Donor programme
- Relevant professional qualification in procurement is desirable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply