Forward Africa (FOFA) is a non- profit development organisation founded in 1992 with the overall aim to reduce poverty and improve the lives of peoples and communities in Africa. We do this by strengthening the capacity of individuals especially women and youths to respond to their identified basic needs, using resources available within their communities through initiatives that focus on Health, Economic Development, Good Governance and Democracy. We work in partnership with major stakeholders in development such as Government Agencies, Donors, Foundations, Foreign missions and embassies, Corporate and Private Organizations. FOFA is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission Abuja and is overseen by a seven – member Board of Governors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reporting to: Programme Manager
- Coordinating the development, management and implementing of monitoring and evaluation plans for the organization’s projects.
- Develop and maintain MIS system to capture, analyze and report on the project indicators;
- Train staff team members, partners at all levels in completion, analysis, reporting and utilization of information collected for operational and strategic needs of projects;
- Monitor the implementation of project specific M&E activities ensuring compliance with set standards, checking and correcting the quality of systems and data.
- Summarize, analyze and interpret data collected from partners, projects and field offices for monitoring project activities;
- Present result of data analysis for management decision-making to enable result based management;
- Assist the programme managers to prepare project plans and reports to donor and stakeholders within timelines;
- Promotes information and knowledge sharing across project and partners;
- Perform other duties as required by the line manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree in demography, statistics, social science or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluation tasks for development projects.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, and a statistical software package (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS) and other database systems.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to work with various stakeholders, especially government agencies, donors and other partners.
- Proven ability to prepare timely and accurate reports and well-written documents.
- Ability to develop Results Frameworks and Logic Frameworks
- Proven ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning and meet deadlines.
Competitive plus contributory pension and allowances
Application Closing Date
11th September, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to:[email protected] Please include the job reference (ME310) in the subject line of your email. Your application should clearly detail your experience and why you are suitable for the role using the person specification requirements.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the recruitment process following the application deadline.
- Forward Africa is an equal opportunities employer and welcome solicitations from recruitment agencies for this position.