Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Power Africa, Nigeria
Power Africa addresses one of the most pressing challenges to sustainable economic growth and development in sub Saharan Africa access to electrical power. Launched by President Obama in June 2013, Power Africa is working with African governments, the private sector, and other partners to add more than 30,000 megawatts (MW) of cleaner, more efficient electricity generation capacity as well as increase electricity access by adding 60 million new home and business connections throughout all of sub-Saharan Africa. USAID coordinates the initiative with 11 other agencies and the National Security Council.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for oversight of the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) plan.
- The M&E Specialist will be responsible for gathering baseline data for all project indicators, and track results achieved.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will work closely with the Training Specialist to develop learning assessment tools for all training activities.
- Serve as a senior technical team member and guide the design and development of project monitoring and evaluation tools and frameworks.
- Routinely perform data analysis to of gathered data to demonstrate program impact, and accomplishments, as well as identify lessons learned.
- Assist in identifying and generating success stories, briefing documents, and other materials.
- Collect data across all project interventions, and track for progress across RF indictors.
- Work closely with COP and other to implement Program Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Maintain the Power Africa Tracking Tool up to date for transactions as well as policy interventions in Nigeria.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an M&E position under a USAID-funded program or 5 years in another donor funded program.
- Practical knowledge of MS Office software required, some programming experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Practical knowledge of USAID evaluation framework, directives and tools required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible to apply.