The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is an international, nonprofit organization that supports the building of democratic societies.
IFES provides targeted technical assistance to strengthen transitional democracies. Founded in 1987 as a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, IFES has developed and implemented comprehensive, collaborative democracy solutions in more than 120 countries. IFES works to build the capacity of electoral administration bodies in Nigeria and support the conduct of elections in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist-Nigeria
Position Number: L16:02
Division: Program Management
Status: Local National Employee
- Manage, oversee and coordinate the collection of performance data throughout the life of the project.
- Maintain a database of performance indicators and ensure that the database is up-to-date in terms of baseline, targets, and actuals in line with the project’s Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP).
- Liaise regularly with the program implementing team and maintain a calendar of events to anticipate and plan for any M&E data collection needs.
- Monitor the media and other sources of information to collect information for reporting and provide evidence to support the verification of the PMP indicators.
- Join the Country Director and other staff at important meetings, write minutes of these meetings for filing and reporting purposes.
- Conduct other activities as may be requested by the Country Director or designee.
- Maintain periodic contact with USAID’s M&E contractors in Nigeria to ensure IFES M&E continues to meet donor requirements.
- Write periodic reports for the IFES Nigeria office to document M&E data findings and report the progress of the project in relation to the PMP to IFES HQ and USAID.
- Assess PMP indicators every fiscal year to ensure relevance to planned results; suggest revisions or additions to PMP indicators if needed.
- Liaise regularly with the IFES M&E team in HQ to ensure data collection tools are appropriate and meet requirements for specific data collection efforts.
- Plan and help with the implementation of data collection efforts such as pre- and post-training surveys, special population surveys, and other data collection efforts that feed into periodic evaluations of different components of the program.
- Participate in meetings, training events and capacity building activities to collect data in relation to reporting and M&E.
- Maintain and safeguard the electronic and hard copies of files to serve as backup related to the PMP.
- Develop and maintain a database of minutes of meetings, photos, and various reports produced by different staff in the office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Politics, Development, or related field (Master’s degree or PhD preferred).
- Demonstrated capacity to work with senior program staff to assess and report on program performance.
- Knowledge and experience with USG grant and contract proposals, regulations, and procedures.
- Experience in electoral assistance projects preferred.
- Highly effective communication skills (both verbally and in writing); have strong presentation skills; have high proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken English).
- Minimum of 5 years of Monitoring & Evaluation experience in a related field.
- Experience in the drafting of program implementation plans and performance monitoring plans (PIP/PMP) as well as managing/updating Performance indicator Reference Sheets (PIRs).
- Experience with data collection, data analysis, and effective data presentation techniques.
- Experience with developing and maintaining program performance and implementation tracking tools.
- Demonstrated ability to produce substantive and clear reporting documents.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply