FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Job ID: 16129
Job Function: Global Health
- Malaria Action Program for States (MAPS) is one of the projects under FHI 360. MAPS focuses on supporting the development of infrastructure, resources, systems, and the technical and management capacities necessary for effective malaria control.
- The project is implemented by three partners and FHI 360 is the lead implementing partner. MAPS project is a five year project which took effect from October 1, 2010; the project recently secured a one year no-cost extension and would be rounding up by September 30, 2016.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Stimulate the demand for data from various health department and support development of a credible system of access to data from the DPRS to other department within the SMOH
- Institute regular data analysis, presentation to stakeholders and feedback to the states.
- Periodically provide concrete evidence that can be used for decision making.
- Ensures timely forwarding/sharing of data to relevant agencies, departments and programs operating at the State level; and quality of data improved where applicable.
- Supports the utilization of specific disease control data by collaborating with M&E of disease control programs.
- Regularly support analysis of state data to provide trend of indicators used for monitoring of service data.
- Supports regular conduct of data quality audit in the state
- Build capacity of SMOH to perform these functions after the TA tenure ship.
- The Technical Assistant will work full time at the SMOH/DPRS, reports to the Director in the DPRS while receiving support from the MAPS office (State Coordinator & M&E Advisor).
- Supports collection, process and disseminate relevant and necessary information required both for state health planning and for monitoring the utilization of resources in accordance with state priorities, objectives and health indicators.
- Reviews existing database of data and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Any other duty assigned
- 1st degree in Medicine or other relevant fields with Masters in Public Health.
- A PhD experience in Public Health, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrable experience with statistical software packages (Stata, SPSS, Epi Info)
- Familiarity with USAID policies
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- At least 5 years’ experience in assessment design & implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of donor funded programs;
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and database management especially DHIS;
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.