CAMRIS International is a growing international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Democracy & Governance
The M&E Specialist, Democracy and Governance will serve as the M&E expert, as well as training and capacity development lead for M&E activities related to USAID/Nigeria DO 3: Strengthened Good Governance. The M&E Specialist, Democracy and Governance will:
- Design and implement impact and performance evaluations, surveys, analyses, and assessments focused on democracy and governance programming in Nigeria.
- Present findings, recommendations and conclusions to USAID, implementing partners and other stakeholders.
- Serve as primary point of contact for USAID/Nigeria DO 3, Democracy and Good Governance.
- Lead, facilitate and participate in M&E workshops, training and capacity building activities with USAID, implementing partners, and other stakeholders.
- Conduct data quality assessments in the field.
- Attend local, regional and international meetings, as required.
- Review, revise, and maintain the USAID/Nigeria Mission Performance Management Plan (PMP), project M&E plans, and activity M&E plans related to DO 3: Strengthened Good Governance.
- Manage the process of high quality performance monitoring by project staff and implementing partners including: data collection, monitoring, reporting, dissemination, and related tasks.
- Integrate gender, disability-inclusive, and conflict sensitive measures into M&E activities, ensuring that they align with established standards, are consistently and systematically tracked and reported in accordance with USAID data reporting requirements.
- Travel throughout Nigeria as needed.
- Advanced degree in the field of international relations, economics, political science, public policy or other relevant fields.
- Experience using technological innovations when conducting monitoring, such as tablets, smartphones, evaluation-related software applications, etc.
- Expertise in complexity theory as it relates to M&E of democracy and governance programming a plus.
- Professional fluency in English. Professional working proficiency in Hausa preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Proficiency in qualitative analysis software such as NVivo or ATLAS-ti preferred
- Minimum of seven years of experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- At least five years of M&E experience of elections, democratic governance, civic engagement, advocacy, and conflict programming. Direct programming experience in these fields a plus.
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations, particularly as they relate to monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Experience developing and facilitating M&E training and capacity development.
- Familiarity with Nigerian landscape: culturally, linguistically, historically, and economically. Prior work experience in Nigeria is preferred.
Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply.