Microsoft Nigeria – If you have unique experiences, skills and passions-and we believe you can bring them all to Microsoft for a rich, rewarding career and lifestyle that will surprise you with its breadth and potential. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go, and the difference you can make with the resources of Microsoft behind you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Architect
Job # : 939214
Middle East and Africa Multi Country Cluster (MEA MCC) – Enterprise Architect
- This strategic role in the MEA MCC Services team delivers advisory and planning services to Microsoft’s top enterprise customers. The role enables customers to achieve their most challenging business and organizational goals while leveraging value from their current and future investment in the Microsoft Platform.
- This role requires broad technology knowledge and the ability to envision solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in senior level business and technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and end to end information technology security is also a must.
- Enterprise Architects are key drivers for demand generation and business results.
- This role will be expected and have the opportunity to bring their years of experience and expertise to bear on local business development opportunities and contribute to thought leadership within and across both their local Microsoft business and more broadly across other Microsoft businesses.
- What this role provides to customers is unique and available only from Microsoft. They advocate on behalf of the customer back into the Microsoft organization and maximize the value delivered from the relationship. Core activities include;
- Harnessing insights from groups like Microsoft Research, one of the largest sponsored technology research organizations worldwide.
- You also have access to the ‘Library’, a catalog of reference architectures, blueprints, industry insights and benchmark data that adds unique value.
- Arranging Executive Briefing Center visits and bi-directional connection with Microsoft Product Development Groups and many other teams and communities.
- Facilitating the Customer’s uptake of Technology Adoption Programs for early advantage from pre-released Microsoft Products.
Business-driven portfolio value management:
- The role takes a principled approach first to understand the customer’s needs and then to develop roadmaps of change that realize value from their Microsoft investment across a heterogeneous IT environment. Activities include:
- Creating business case development and benefits management programs that define, track and report accrued value through the optimal application of IT to business challenges.
- Orchestrating and/or designing and architecting solutions that leverage both the investment made in the Microsoft Enterprise Agreement and the customer’s current heterogeneous IT environment in the best interests of the customer, driven through a program of orchestrated change and drawing from the collective know-how of Microsoft.
- Providing portfolio governance and oversight to drive lifecycle optimization and alignment across all Microsoft-related strategy and planning initiatives.
Teaming to accelerate value:
- When a Microsoft customer invests in an Enterprise Agreement license with Microsoft, the Enterprise Architect accelerates the time-to-value by aligning the technology deployment and business adoption plans with customer organizational objectives. Activities to support this objective include:
- Creating architectural and technology roadmaps that result in stronger business/IT alignment and that drive adoption and value from the Enterprise Agreement.
- Orchestrating the use of the Microsoft network of resources formally from within the Advisor’s individual engagement (This can range from formal Solution Architecture through to general technology consulting and beyond. Likewise an Advisor may be called on by colleagues to contribute from their area of specialization in other large engagements or to team with the support team around specific customer initiatives.).
Knowledge & Experience
- Successful candidates would typically have one or more of these qualifications:
- The following are higher priorities: Banking; Telco; Manufacturing; Energy
- Microsoft Strategic priorities: Cloud/S+S; Enterprise level / Mission Critical Applications; Mobile Desktop; Unified Communications and Collaboration.
Enterprise Architect Specializations:
- IT-led Business Innovation
- Business Value analysis and benefits management
- Typically with IT sponsorship, they develop relationships with key line-of-business executives, putting them in position to translate early business needs and insights into actionable IT strategy and assist IT in driving these initiatives to early results and business value.
- Work experience should involve a mix of business and technology consulting across the lifecycle of Information Technology (examples may include assessment and analysis, design, business case development, architecture, envisioning, planning, deployment, benefits analysis, and management)
- The ability and background experience to provide leadership in the practice, and a demonstrated effectiveness in consulting and client management.
- Executive-level interpersonal and writing skills.
- Experience at forming and leading virtual teams.
- This work encompasses a solid understanding of business and IT strategy, a principled approach to broader architectural challenges and opportunities, and a great grasp of technology and solutions.
- Must have a combination of a Degree (Computer Science, Social Science or Business), and equivalent work experience, MBA degree is an advantage.
- At least 8 – 10 years related IT experience
- Must have a proven record of delivering business value from Information Technology at an executive level (CIO, senior manager, CMO, CFO, etc.)
- Enterprise-level, Business and Information Architecture
- IT Governance, IT Portfolio Lifecycle Optimization
- Organizational Change Management and Design
- Solution Design and Storytelling
- This role understands interoperability issues and the strengths and weaknesses of platforms and products, and is able to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table.
- Candidates must have a deep understanding of markets, industries, business, customers, and technology.
- Travel required 60% of time minimum.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online