At Microsoft, we’re about helping customers realize their potential. From gamers to governments, moms to mega-corporations, we serve just about every kind of customer, all over the globe.
Many people think Microsoft = software. We do do software-but we also do hardware, services, research, and more. We work on PC operating systems and applications-like Windows and Windows Live. Products for IT professionals and developers-like Windows Server and Visual Studio. Online services such as Bing and MSN. Business solutions like Office and Exchange. And devices like Xbox, keyboards, webcams, and mice. We’re passionate about what we do.
What this means if you come to work here is opportunity-to do things that make a real difference in millions, even billions, of lives. To reach your potential. So why not take a closer look at Microsoft? We think you’ll find that amazing things really do happen here.
Job Role: Solutions Architect
The MEA MCC Services team employs a group of highly qualified technical Architects with a wealth of expertise and experience in different Microsoft Products / Technologies. As part of Microsoft MEA MCC Regional team, you will be one of Microsoft front-line technical specialists focusing on the large projects and Enterprise Microsoft solutions across the region. Microsoft Architects provide technical direction and leadership in the architecture, design, pilot, and deployment of Microsoft technologies within our enterprise customer base across the Middle East and Africa region.
The Architect role is mainly about Envisioning and Designing Solutions to customers and allowing them to maximize their investment in Microsoft technology. Architects use their broad and deep knowledge of technology and IT operations to architect solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable services focused on operational effectiveness and business value. To accomplish operational effectiveness, an Architect will manage the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects.
• Design, implement, deploy and project manage complex Application Platform engagement where multiple developers / partners are involved.
• Work with other MS Architects / Consultants in the architecture, design & implementation phases of Application Platform solutions.
• Build trust based relationships with the customers influencing their technical decisions & developing opportunities for adopting our products
• Transfer skills to customers (and project team) through effective communication & service engagements
• Identify opportunities for providing value to customers, proactively offering to engage our services & ensuring they’re satisfied with the delivery of the services
• Work with key Customer stakeholders during project envisioning to properly scope technical components and solution architecture. This includes write-ups and reviews of statement of works and proposal support/review.
• Present a professional & compelling image of Microsoft & its products through workshop, presentations & corporate seminars
• Lead pre-sales activities on Microsoft Application Platform Solutions
Knowledge & Experience:
• Excellent English speaking skills are a must.
• 10+ years’ experience in Microsoft Application Platform and Consulting Services. This should include SharePoint and the development of Solutions within the context of SharePoint.
• Proven ability to consult, design and architect Application Platform solutions, project plan and manage delivery of projects.
• Excellent communication, planning, and presentation skills
• Certifications in Microsoft technologies and from other industry-recognized bodies (MCP/IASA/TOGAF)
• Flexibility to be able to work at both design & detailed technical level within the focus area of products & technology & be able to advise client on effect of future technology changes
• Experience of working in or with global companies.
• A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
You will need to have at least 5 years’ in-depth work experience in the following skills:
• Microsoft Cloud Solutions i.e. O365 with a focus on SharePoint Online
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL/SharePoint Server and related technologies like Integration Services
• Identity & Security Services in the context of on premise, hybrid or cloud only applications
• Strong development proficiency.
• Travel required 60% of time minimum.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply