MERIT is an independent and recognized leader in providing wireless voice and data turnkey services to the Telecommunications industry.
Merit Telecoms is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Female Executive Assistant
This is a key role in the organisation. It is two roles in one.
Executive Assistant Role
This is a key role, supporting the work of Merit Telecoms at the most senior level. Reporting to the Managing Director/CEO you will be required to:
- Support the day to day work of the Managing Director
- Service Merit Telecoms senior management team meetings
- You will have access to confidential information, requiring absolute discretion at all times. Merit Telecoms is a dynamic and busy organization and therefore the ability to organize and prioritize tasks is a key requirement.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be experienced at dealing with a range of external stakeholders including Merit Telecoms key client groups, with industry and business support at local, regional and national levels in addition to Merit Telecoms board.
- This role works across the organization to ensure that Merit Telecoms operates intelligently and strategically.
- You will have demonstrable experience of working at a similar level and proven administrative, secretarial and office skills. You will need to be able to plan, organize anticipate requirements well in advance to support the smooth running of the business.
- You will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the Managing Director’s work including appointments and the diary, travel and accommodation as required in addition to managing dates, producing agendas, minutes and all key paperwork for meetings.
Corporate Communication Role
This is a key role, promoting the profile of Merit Telecoms at all level.
- Reporting to the Managing Director/CEO you will be required to:
- To mobilize internal and external support for corporate objectives
- To coordinate with international business firms
- To promote the profile of the “company behind the brand” (corporate branding)
- To minimize discrepancies between the company’s desired identity and brand features
- To formulate and execute effective procedures to make decisions on communication matters
- Extensive knowledge of branding principles and tactics through multimedia including the Web.
- Sound written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Creative and visionary skills with ability to drive a high volume of work to completion.
- Proven ability to design, develop and implement both communications and strategic programs and supporting tactics.
- Ability to understand technical and business concepts and express these concepts in clear, concise instructions
- Ability to be flexible and open to changing priorities and challenges.
- Sound time management skills to ensure multiple tasks simultaneously are completed within compressed timeframes.
- Sound active listening skills
- Sound Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Team-oriented working skills.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Social Sciences, Humanities or Law followed by a minimum of one/two years of professional services in Administrative, Marketing and/or communications roles.
- Experience/Passion in media, events planning and communications
- Desktop Publishing (Corel, Adobe or MS Publisher) is a MUST
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook).
- Any other useful application.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 5th April, 2016