Medicaid Cancer Foundation (MCF) supports cancer patients, promote cancer awareness and drive community cancer campaigns for undeserved populace in Nigeria, providing support to guide people through the cancer experience, bring them together to fight cancer – and work for a world in which our fight is no longer necessary.
Medicaid Cancer Foundation (MCF) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Officer
The position requires a graduate with experience working in the development sector related to the role. Specific responsibilities include:
- Contribute to developing an advocacy and communication strategy by coordinating appropriate audience research (new and traditional media) and compiling and analyzing relevant data.
- Establish or maintain an up-to-date documentation centre/repository for communication materials including publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media channels and materials.
- Maintain and update an online media relations contact list/database. Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media.
- Produce advocacy and communication materials (e.g. Graphics, Web Pages, Briefing Notes, Images, Video, etc.) that meet MCF and global standards.
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human-interest stories and other advocacy/information materials for both web-based and traditional media, as appropriate.
Compulsory Skill Requirement:
- Applicant MUST possess working skills in either Graphic Design or Web Development/Management. Please if you do not posses any of the two, DO NOT APPLY!!!
Other requirements include:
- Applicants must have a University degree.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in similar position on projects focusing on Cancer and Cancer Care is desirable.
- Publishing skills and website management strongly required.
- A University degree in any of the following related field: Mass Communication, Journalism, Computer sciences, Social Sciences, etc, and a master’s degree in communication arts will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: [email protected]STRICTLY in the following format:
- Email subject to read only: MCF/COMMS/0916. Very Important!!!
- Content of the mail should be CV as an attachment
Application Deadline 16th August, 2016.