The Global Fund is a 21st-century organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria as epidemics. As a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases, the Global Fund mobilizes and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in more than 140 countries. By challenging barriers and embracing innovative approaches, we are working together to better serve people affected by the diseases. In close collaboration with the Nigerian Ministry of Health National Products Supply Chain Management Programme (NPSCMP), we are embarking on an ambitious and innovative approach to the challenges across Nigeria supply chain.
The National Product Supply Chain Management Program (NPSCMP) domiciled in the Food & Drug Services Department of Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) commenced the process towards an effective and efficient supply management system in the country in 2012. The main objective was to collaborate with other programmes and projects within the FMOH especially HIV/AIDs, TB, Malaria, Reproductive Health and Vaccines and immunization (ATMRHV) to ensure effective and coordinated management of their supply chains. To achieve this objective in its continuous efforts collaborating with Donors/Partners, the National Supply Chain Integration Project (NSCIP) was created in 2014 as a transitory mechanism to full Government ownership after a three year implementation. The goal of NSCIP is to effectively and efficiently integrate Health Programmes Supply Chain Management activities for Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) services that would prevent stock outs in store/facilities, minimize wastage and effectively operationalize the entire system. After extensive planning, resource mobilization and roll out intervention; GON and Donors agreed that this integration would be deployed beyond the 14 prioritized high disease burden states with now scale up to other states of the country.
The NSCIP is seeking the services of applicants to fill the under listed position in its bid to increase tempo in focus states and roll out interventions to other states of the federation.
Job Title: Media Officer
- Develop strategies and create content to support NSCIP’s advocacy objectives Strengthen NSCIP’s role as a trusted voice of integration in Nigeria Answering enquiries from the press or other media representatives Writing press releases and news reports about the work of NSCIP in conventional & new media.
- Develop media contacts and monitor NSCIP’s media coverage
- Setup and attend press conference and prepare media evaluation reports
- Lead a team to organize media events and promotional activities and gain more media coverage
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists and media outlets
- Develop, implement and evaluate NSCIP’s media strategy in consultation with the Advocacy Officer and PMs
- Monitor daily media and advise on reactive media opportunities
- Develop and pitch proactive media opportunities in consultation Advocacy Officer
- Write and distribute media releases and op-eds NSCIP communications Lead production of NSCIP’s communication materials including the Quarterly Newsletter, Bulletins, brochures and promotional material
- Support the branding and communication of NSCIP services
- Contribute alongside Advocacy Officer to the development and delivery of communication strategies for events, forums and policy submissions.
- Develop and implement NSCIP’s advocacy strategies campaigns, in consultation with the Advocacy Officer & PMs
- Maintain oversight of NSCIP’s website, including updating relevant information
- Develop, implement and evaluate NSCIP’s social media strategy in consultation with the Advocacy Officer & PMs
- Develop online communication materials including video content Reporting and administrative responsibilities Provide monthly reports to the PMs
2. Previous experience in media relations and a track record in securing media coverage.
3. Experience in online communications including: developing and implementing online strategies and maintaining websites.
4. Demonstrated ability to work independently and flexibly, as well as cooperatively as part of a team.
- Secondary School qualification
- 3 – 5years extensive experience in copywriting and proofreading within a Public Relations, Journalism or Communications role.
- Previous experience in media relations and a track record in securing media coverage
- Experience in online communications including: developing and implementing online strategies and maintaining websites.
- Fluency in English Language is required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply