Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Media Manager – TV, Radio and Press
Ensure that set media objectives for Television, Radio and Press are achieved via in-depth understanding and application of scientific, creative media strategy development, implementation and compliance. The Manager should set the parameters for driving media planning, buying, monitoring and compliance, based on the realities of the market and TV, Radio and Press media space.
- Manage the agency and assess their input to media planning by ensuring that the following elements are comprehensively consider in media plans for Outdoor:
- Market analysis – Airtel Brand Tracker
- Media scene analysis using monthly/quarterly diaries
- Competitive analysis – SOV/SOE/GRPs
- TV, Radio & Press Media strategy and plan
- TV, Radio and Press mix and selection rationale in alignment with Outdoor and digital media platforms
- Media buying and control methods
- Compliance analysis
- Review of innovative media ideas for efficiency and effectiveness
- Budget optimisation strategy and monitoring
TV, Radio & Press Media Management & Reporting
- Render weekly, monthly and quarterly plan for TV, Radio & Press
- Render weekly compliance analysis
- Render weekly, monthly and quarterly media spend
- Render regional and key cities analysis on a periodic basis.
- Media spend per product and service category and Revenue performance monitoring versus investment on TV, Radio & Press.
- Prepare executive summary of media scene.
TV, Radio & Press Media Strategy and Plan Implementation
- The Media Manager for TV, Radio & Press is required to provide expert support to the Senior Manager – Media and Supply Chain Management on all media price negotiations for TV, Radio and Press to align with company’s objective of least cost but creative media planning and buying.
- Review all TV, Radio and Press media strategies, plans and schedules with detailed attention to:
- Budget allocation by zones/regions
- Channel selection rationale based on product/service objectives/target consumers
- Set campaign objective assessment parameters based on GRPs, cost per thousand and SOV
- Provide detailed insight on the prevailing audience product/media consumption habit
- Obtain media schedule approval from Head of Media, VP Marcomms and Chief Commercial Officer
- Ensure that approved media schedules are sent to independent media monitoring agency for compliance tracking. This should be done through Airtel appointed media planning and buying agency.
- Proactively manage smooth take-off of TV, Radio & Press campaigns whilst ensuring that obstacles are deftly addressed to achieve set objectives.
Competitor & Market Analysis
- Monitor competitor advertising on TV, Radio & Press in the regions.
- Collaborate with regional marketing managers to monitor and report competitor media activities on TV, Radio and Press.
- Trend analysis on competitors’ advertising versus Airtel (by region and key cities).
- Maintain an electronic Guard Book of competitor and Airtel advertising on TV, Radio & Press.
- Market visit
Advert Materials Management
- Print Production Management
- Compile and update from time to time the technical information (material type and print specifications) for TV, Radio and Press.
- Contribute actively to creative developments process and offer valuable insights to the creative team with respect to exploiting opportunities for superior visibility of Airtel products and services.
Media Compliance Review and Control for Payment
- Review Agency invoices and third party documents accompanied with compliance reports for payment with attention to the following parameters:
- Plan spots vs carried spots as reported by independent media monitoring watchdog reports
- Carried spots vs value invoiced by third party.
- Adjustments of invoices to match media monitoring reports
- Confirmation of third invoices accuracy and attachment to final invoice from Agency to Airtel
- Follow-up with Payables for invoices sign-off by Head of Brand & Communication and Chief Marketing Officer.
- Advice Agency upon payment and by extension mediates on delayed payments to media partners who may be aggrieved or threatened to discontinue brand exposure in the media
- He/She is required to work with the following internal and external customers:
- Internal Customers
- Supply Chain Management for:
- Regional Offices
- Advertising Unit
- Marketing Departments
- External Customers
- Media Planning and Buying Agency
- Media Monitoring Agency
- Media Partners
- Internal Customers
Educational Qualifications and Functional / Technical Skills
- A university degree
- Proficiency in use of MS Office Suite.
- 5 – 7 years media planning and buying experience from Media Independents Practitioners Association of Nigeria (MIPAN) agency and involved in managing a multinational account.
- Experience on both client and agency
- Experience and/or professional qualification in brand/marketing management.
- Must demonstrate sense of urgency in jobs execution, and willing to treat media owners and other stakeholders with integrity and respect. She/he must be prepared to put in extra work hours when necessary.
- Professionalism and Integrity.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here