Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Media Manager – Digital
Ensure that set objectives for Digital marketing are achieved. The manager will oversee the social media strategy of the company in addition to developing and managing digital marketing campaigns for all departments of the company. Accountability for the role also includes social media strategy development, implementation and compliance. The Manager is also expected to set the parameters for driving digital media planning, buying, monitoring and compliance, based on the realities of the market and digital/social media space.
- Manage the agency and assess their input to digital media planning by ensuring that the following elements are comprehensively consider in digital media plans:
- Digital and social Media scene analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Digital Media strategy and plan
- Digital media buying and control methods
- Compliance analysis
- Review of innovative digital media ideas for efficiency and effectiveness
- Leading the agency to achieve the goals of the company
- Budget optimization strategy and monitoring
Digital and Social Media Management
- Plan and execute all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the company website.
- Tracking conversion rates and constantly updating the company social media presence;
- Responsible for content marketing strategy
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
Reporting and Control
- Render weekly, monthly and quarterly plan for Digital/social media
- Render weekly compliance analysis
- Render weekly, monthly and quarterly social media spend
- Render periodic competitor analysis
- Report spend per product and service category and Revenue performance monitoring versus investment on social media
- Prepare executive summary of social media scene.
Social Media Strategy and Plan Implementation
- The Digital Media Manager is required to provide expert support to the Senior Manager – Media and Supply Chain Management on all media price negotiations for social media to align with company’s objective of least cost but creative planning and buying in the digital space.
- Review the plans and schedules with detailed attention to:
- Budget allocation by product and service
- Digital channel selection rationale based on product/service objectives/target consumers
- Set campaign objective assessment parameters based on KPIs
- Provide detailed insight on the prevailing audience product/media consumption habit.
- Obtain digital media schedule approval from Head of Media, VP Marcomms and Chief Commercial Officer
- Ensure that approved media schedules are sent to independent media monitoring agency for compliance tracking. This should be done through Airtel appointed social media planning and buying agency.
Competitor & Market Analysis
- Monitor competitors on all platforms
- Trend analysis on competitors’ digital initiatives versus Airtel
Deliver on Key Performance Indicators
- Conversion rate
- Search engine ranking
- Corporate reputation
- Time spent on site
Social Media Compliance Review and Control for Payment
- Review Agency invoices and third party documents accompanied with compliance reports for payment with attention to the following parameters:
- Plan vs carried actual as reported by Google analytics.
- Adjustments of invoices to match monitoring reports.
- Confirmation of third invoices accuracy and attachment to final invoice from Agency to Airtel
- Follow-up with Payables for invoices sign-off by Head of Brand & Communication and Chief Marketing Officer.
- Advice Agency upon payment and by extension mediates on delayed payments to media partners who may be aggrieved or threatened to discontinue brand exposure in social media.
- He/She is required to work with the following internal and external customers:
- Internal Customers
- Supply Chain Management for
- Regional Offices
- Advertising Unit
- Marketing Departments
- External Customers
- Digital marketing agency
- Creative agency
- Digital Media Monitoring Agency
- Media Partners
- Internal Customers
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- B.Sc. would be preferred additional qualification dependent on experience.
- Strong in use of MS Suite
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Must demonstrate sense of urgency in jobs execution, and willing to treat social media owners and other stakeholders with integrity and respect. She/he must be prepared to put in extra work hours when necessary.
- Professionalism and integrity.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here