Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
Job Title: Supply Officer
Report To: Supply Manager
Report To (functional): Supply Manager / Logistic Coordinator
Place of Work: Abuja
Working Hours: Mon – Fri 8am to 5.30pm
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale (national contract as per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
- Ensure an efficient implementation of supply chain activities (order management, purchase management, stock management, and freight management) in a particular supply office guaranteeing a proper application of MSF supply procedures.
Ensures a smooth running supply administration and the respect of the implemented supply procedures In particular:
- Ensure efficient supply administration.
- Responsible for filing documents, correspondence and other papers relating to supply, as well as the archives.
- Perform and coordinate administrative procedures related to purchases and purchase orders, verifying the compliance of MSF standards and protocols
- Update prices, asking for quotations and bids to ten
- Follow the purchasing procedures.
- Check the physical state of orders.
- Process order request following the required processes on Logistix 7 and purchasing from the selected validated vendors.
- Follow up on stock management, reception of items purchased
- Ensure correct filing and archiving of supply documentations.
- Provide information to the Line Manager on timelines regarding administrative procedures concerning import, customs clearance, etc, giving advice on the most appropriate means of transport and suggesting any measures necessary for improving the system according to the local particularities. This requires a good, updated knowledge of national and international legal import-related issues and transport sector.
- Essential degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain.
- Essential in supply chain management (minimum 2 years) and in organization of supply administration and procedures.
- Knowledge of the national customs clearing procedure.
- Desirable proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics (general knowledge of MSF equipments and kits in accordance to the nature of the project).
- Mission language essential; local language desirable.
- Computer literacy
- Competency in ensuring efficient supply administration.
- As a humanitarian organization involved in emergency programs all national and international MSF staff is expected to be flexible and available for emergency response activities. S/he should be willing to undertake other tasks as necessary and not specified in the job description, supporting the mission activities in the response to potential emergencies and cover HR gaps or needs at field level.
- Besides the specific tasks described in this job description, the employee is obliged to know, accept and fulfil all the covenants and stipulations defined by the MSF Charter and the Internal Regulations for National Staff applicable to MSF-Spain Nigeria Mission.
- English spoken and written.
- Good computer skills (excel, word, outlook is an advantage).
- Committed to humanitarian principles.
- Sensitive and respectful of religious and cultural differences:
- Identification with Humanitarian, Cross Cultural Awareness, Self-Control, Quality and Results Orientation, Commitment, Stress Management.
- Capacity to work as a team, respectful and good working attitude.
- Organization and planning skills, initiative and proactive.
- Committed to humanitarian principles.
- Due to the nature of MSF operations, flexibility is indispensable and unavoidable.
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV and motivation letter either by email to: [email protected] OR
In person to MSF office, Road 131 House 10 Gwarinpa Housing Estate, Abuja
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 4th July, 2016