Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Medecins Sans Frontieres is recruiting to fill the job position of:
Job Title: Laboratory (Blood Bank) Technician
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
- To maintain blood bank providing safe transfusion services throughout the hospital
- To adhere to work schedule as per roster and on-call requirements
- To treat all patients with respect and ensure privacy and confidentiality
- To do tests and examinations requested by the medical team in a timely manner.
- To follow the stock and consumption of tests, reagents and laboratory items.
- Blood bank testing
- Quality control and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Data collection and monthly reporting of statistics.
- To ensure a clean laboratory and a good follow-up of the cold chain.
- Safe collection of blood samples and blood donations
- Donor recruitment
- National Laboratory Technician qualification.
- Capacity to work in a team
- High level of motivation
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa language
- Strong work ethic: punctuality, responsibility and flexibility
Monthly Gross salary of N141, 231. (One hundred and forty one thousand two hundred and thirty one naira only)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to: the MSF Administration Office in Jahun at “Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk). With reference (LAB TECH)
Submitted in person or by email to: [email protected]
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Application Deadline 18th October, 2016.