MasterCard is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories.
MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. We are leading the way toward a world beyond cash with the power to expand connectivity, opportunity, and prosperity for individuals, businesses, and communities.
MasterCard is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Leader, Debit Product Management – Sub Sahara Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- The Global Debit Group focuses on driving overall transaction volume and profitable revenue growth for MasterCard’s Debit portfolios. This group actively collaborates with internal teams across MasterCard, and external parties including customers (the Issuers), merchants, and new strategic alliance partners to build innovative global product solutions focused on capturing current and future card spending volume.
- The individual will also be responsible for managing the product life cycle programs and for supporting Business Development Managers with presentations and customized product development requests.
- The individual will work closely with product counterparts and sales across the Sub Sahara Africa Division to ensure alignment with the customer-focused strategy.
- The successful candidate will have accountability for developing the go-to-market strategy and implementing the tactics in the roadmap.
- Develop Go-To-Market strategies and roadmaps for delivery
- Monitor the landscape of competitive products and industry trends, understanding their implications for MasterCard and suggest action steps as required
- Utilize local research develop up to date communication strategies with consumers to engage them in successful acquisition, activation, usage campaigns
- Create and maintain a library of best practices and case studies on product development to be shared with Product Sales, Account Teams and Customers
- Develop presentations to proactively update & sell to issuers product opportunities/ innovations, market trends, & MC advancements in product innovation
- Have an entrepreneurial approach and vision
- Analytical thinking
- Must have a MCW product & profitability focus
- Customer focus with extensive knowledge of customer profitability drivers and consumer usage drivers
- Outstanding communication skills from a written, verbal and presentation perspective
- Demonstrate multi-disciplinary knowledge, i.e. marketing, operations, acquiring and emerging technologies.
- Support Product Sales and Account Teams in the creation of value propositions that leverage key features of existing and / or new product platforms from MC
- Support Sales Teams with customized product development requests
- Must demonstrate strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Develop best practice cardholder on-boarding guides for bank product management staff, including branch training kits, call center guides, welcome letter samples, Month-on-books communications materials
- Development of communications calendars and channel plans for use by issuers
- Develop below-the-line promotions, targeting the consumer/cardholder
- Develop a ‘Life Cycle Management’ approach to constantly enhance/ modify/ upgrade products & benefits in line with market/ issuer/ segment needs to ensure maximum profitability to MasterCard through usage and retention
- Collaborate with Consumer and Customer Marketing leadership to support the launch of programs & benefits within the clusters as well as work with the Marketing team in development of any collateral as required by the clusters
- Demonstrate proven ability to develop and successfully implement, quantifiable business plans
- Industry knowledge and networking especially in merchant relationships/ commerce development
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required. MBA preferred
- Experience with strategic and business planning
- Consultative selling experience with good negotiation skills
- Team player and achievement oriented
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Outstanding communication/presentation skills
- Strong skills in MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel; Presentation deck writing and proposal skills
- Understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
- Knowledge of MasterCard debit products and services
- Proven experience working collaboratively in a cross-functional role
- Marketing experience with a mix in B-2-B and B-2-C Direct Marketing
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply