The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns.
Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
The University offers an American – style education modelled after the curriculum of American universities with corresponding approaches to teaching and students assessment. The first entering class of 124 students and 20 professors was enrolled in September 2005. In ten years, AUN is fast becoming a model for other universities in Nigeria and West Africa.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Massive Nurses Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria.
Below are the full details on the Massive Nurses Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria (AUN);
JOB TITLE: Nurse
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Nurses at the AUN Clinic shall work with the team at the clinic directly under the Chief Administrator AUN Clinic to provide clinical and medical support for the doctor and to the patients at the AUN Clinic to ensure the Health & Wellness of students and all other members of the AUN Community. This is a full time position.
- Nursing Certificate
- Valid License to practice/Nursing registration
- Flexible with time.
- Ability to learn
- Attention to detail.
- Capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency.
- One(1) to three (3) years of direct work experience
- Basic Nursing Ethic
- Ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
- Tactfulness and professionalism
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to[email protected] before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.americanuniversitynigeria.org