Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Resident Manager
Ref No: 16000278
Job Category: Management-Operations
Position Type: Management
- You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask “why” when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience.
- You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place.
- You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it’s a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Functions as the strategic business leader of rooms operations and acts as General Manager in his/her absence. Areas of responsibility include Front Office, BusinessCenter, Retail/Gift Shops, Recreation/Fitness Center, Housekeeping and Security/Loss Prevention.
- Position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives.
- The position ensures the rooms operations meet the brand’s target customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
- Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
Core Work Activities
Managing Property Operations:
- Working with Rooms management team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
- Reviewing comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Evaluating if Operations Team is meeting service needs and provides feedback to operations team.
- Reviewing findings from comment cards and guest satisfaction results with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Working with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
- Reviewing reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations performance against budget.
- Communicating a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Participating in public space walk-throughs with Engineering and Housekeeping to ensure guest rooms, public space and back of the house areas are well maintained and preventative maintenance processes are in place.
- Touring building on a regular basis speaking with employees and guests to understand business needs and assess operational opportunities.
Leading Operations Teams:
- Ensuring employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Celebrating successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Fostering employee commitment to providing excellent service, participating in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Making and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
Managing Relationships with Property Stakeholders:
- Attending owners meetings and provides meaning or context to the rooms operational and financial results.
- Establishing relationship with owner as a business partnership and supports the relationship between the General Manager and the owner.
- Coaching and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- Focusing on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
- Identifying key drivers of business success and keeping Rooms leadership focused on the critical few to achieve results.
- Working with direct reports to determine areas of concern and establish ways to improve the departments’ financial performance.
- Leading cost containment efforts within Rooms operations including organizational restructuring when necessary.
Managing the Guest Experience:
- Creating an atmosphere in all Rooms and Food and Beverage areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Establishing and maintaining open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire Rooms operations team. Ensures direct reports do the same for their team.
- Interfacing with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Championing the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and ensures alignment amongst the Rooms leadership teams.
- Ensuring core elements of the service strategy are in place to produce the desired results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply