Propcom Mai-karfi, a six-year project working to improve the livelihoods of Nigeria’s rural poor through targeted market initiatives, is seeking a highperforming, results-oriented professional to serve as Market Section Manager.
Propcom Mai-karfi aims to increase incomes for 500,000 poor Nigerians, including 50% women, by enhancing employment opportunities and improving productivity in selected agricultural and other rural markets in northern Nigeria.
We are seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of:
Job Title: Market Section Manager
- The Market Section Manager will supervise and lead a market section comprising a number of Intervention Managers.
- This team will oversee interventions in several target markets and identify further opportunities for the programme to pursue.
- Providing overall strategic direction for the market sector and all interventions within the sector; monitoring and quality assuring all intervention guides and resulting outputs
- Driving the stakeholder analysis of the selected commodity chains as well as identifying potential agents of change
- Overseeing the implementation of all market interventions ensuring initiative is taken and setting work plans for the intervention
- Identifying and establishing strategic partnerships within the market and playing a lead role in managing all established partnerships
- Identifying new markets in order to contribute to the overall programme strategy and liaising with the senior management team on potential markets
- Initiating and managing all market related value chain analysis ensuring study designs, contracting and implementation are done in accordance to set standards
- Administrative guidance is followed for grants, MoUs, and general administration
- Budgets are managed for the markets being supervised
- Security guidelines are followed by all team members
- Improving the performance of the team through mentoring and coaching
- Ensuring good linkages with the Results Measurement team
- Contributing to the overall leadership of the programme as part of the management team
Required Skills & Experience
- A Master’s degree in a related discipline
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience and knowledge of the agricultural inputs market in Northern Nigeria is a definite advantage.
- Team management experience
- Evidence of the ability to form strong partnerships
- Credibility within the business community
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- The role is based in Abuja, although travel within extensive northern Nigeria will be required.
- Ability to develop well written, cohesive reports
- Excellent analytical skills
- Hausa is desirable
- Willingness to travel domestically, especially to the north of Nigeria, is essential
- Strong skills in business software (Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint)
- Previous experience on M4P projects preferred
In return we offer:
- A friendly and team-based working environment in Abuja
- Opportunity to collaborate with national and international colleagues
- Opportunity to make a vital contribution to an innovative Nigerian development programme
- A competitive salary with benefits
Applications are encouraged from all those who can clearly demonstrate sound evidence of success in a business advisory or agricultural management role and a passion for development in Nigeria.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (maximum of three pages), full details of two referees, salary history and a 1 page covering letter outlining how your skills and competencies match the requirements of this post to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 16th October, 2015