I. I. Marine Limited, is a growing indigenous dredging and shipping company incorporated in Nigeria, providing various services in Maritime and Oil & Gas Sectors. The company is involved in dredging and marine services etc and render excellent and qualitative services to its valued customers taking into consideration the vast experience of their management team who has acquired a lot of expertise and exposure in their various fields of endeavor. Our strength is in the depth of our Total Project.
I. I. Marine Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer / Secretary
Successful candidate’s functions include:
- Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office; develops policies, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Provides assistance and support to the office principal in problem solving, project planning and management, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Supervises the work of employees in supporting roles, including assigning workload and monitoring employee performance.
- Oversees and facilitates resources management and administration procedures and documentation for the principal.
- Performs research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine letters and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and institutions on operational and programmatic matters concerning the Office.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events; coordinates and attends committee meetings, and participates in committee discussions, as appropriate.
- Coordinates the disposition and/or resolution of individual problems and disputes involving faculty, staff, students, and/or members of the general public, as they arise.
- Oversees the operation of office accounts, and plans and monitors expenditures; as appropriate, develops and/or coordinates budgets for the office and associated accounts.
- Provides and/or oversees provision of staff support to the office, to include handling walk-up and phone interactions, maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence, handling day-to-day problems and situations, and provision of secretarial support.
- Provides assistance in the understanding and interpretation of University policies and procedures, as appropriate, and ensures that office operations are in compliance with policy provisions and standards.
- Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects, as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required skills and competence Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Knowledge of human resources administration principles and practices.
- Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures as applied to public academic institutions
Qualifications and Experience
- A good first degree in Business Administration or any of the Social Sciences
- An second degree in a relevant course is required
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in secretarial and administrative management with a reputable organization
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Track record in organisation management and leadership at a supervisory level
Job Title: Senior Accounts Officer
- The position requires accurate accounting data helps owners and managers make sound decisions based on real data, not gut-feelings, gossip or wishful thinking.
- The Accounting Officer to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- The position requires disciplined, team- spirited and goal oriented individuals.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines are also required.
- Honesty and integrity are highly valued assets.
- Assist the Accounts Manager in preparing annual budgets, business plans and cash flow forecasts, scheduling expenditures;
- General book-keeping and implementing on-going control of cash transactions including reconciliation of bank statements and accounts and resolution of any discrepancies.
- Participate in the management of the company’s inventory by monitoring, maintaining and updating inventory reconciliation.
- Monitor monetary sales activity in all store outlets by maintaining proper money management and deposit procedures and encouraging staff adherence to set sales targets
- Calculating the company revenue and crosschecking if the cost and revenue match
- Contribute to the preparation of financial statements and management reports, including monthly and annual accounts.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Work with the External Auditorsto ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Participate in interface with relevant regulatory agencies on tax matters and filing of all statutory returns.
- Assist in preparation of payrolls, records of prepaid assets, accounts receivable, accruals and payment of employee salaries.
- Assist the Accounts Manager to disburse petty cash for general office needs and disburse funds for approved payments
- Facilitate the timely and regular payment of utility bills and tax levies.
- Apply efficient and cost – saving initiatives and procedures for the organization.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential and support overall organizational goals and objectives.
Job Title: Male Personal Assistant to Managing Director (PA.MD)
- As personal assistant to the MD you will be working closely with the MD on a daily basis, providing administrative support, on a one-to-one basis.
- Your job will be to manage the MD’s daily itinerary and perform other secretarial and administrative tasks.
- You will need extensive knowledge of the organisation, including the company’s aims and objectives.
- You will be expected to know names, numbers and context for all the major clients, suppliers and artisans that MD works with.
- MD will be relying heavily on you, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in his absence.
- Discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes you must display in all your activities.
- You will often act as MD ‘s first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation.
Typical Work Activities Include:
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Cordination of contractors for the Company
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often handling correspondence on behalf of MD;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Organizing and attending meetings and ensuring MD is well-prepared for meetings;
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff;
- Deputizing for MD, making decisions and delegating work to others in his absence;
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management, filing, etc.;
- Arranging travel and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with MD if necessary;
- Attend meetings and generate minutes of the meeting.
- In addition to supporting MD, you will also have your own personal workload and responsibilities.
- The Scope of the PA’s role can be extensive and additional duties may include:
- Carrying out specific projects and research;
- Business development/Marketing
- Responsibility for accounts and budgets;
- Taking on some of MD’s responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- Being involved in decision-making processes
- Some of the more practical tasks you will carry out include:
- Ensuring the office is cleaned, AC on and daily schedule on the desk before the time MD gets to the office
- Ensuring that MD’s phone bill is paid on time
- Taking note of birthdays of clients, staff, family, friends and other important contacts (organizing for gifts and cards to be sent out)
- Note of other important dates and events in the calendar
- Finding out important events and functions MD should be aware of and may want to attend including meetings, outings, exhibitions and conferences (both local and international).
- A B.Sc./HND graduate with a minimum of 3-5 years working experience in a similar role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 6th May, 2016