Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services.
MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Advisor, AHME
Location: MSION Lagos Office -with frequent travel to the regions
Salary Grade: Deputy Manager
- Working with and reporting to the MSION Director of quality and clinical services and the programme manager, the MNCH advisor is responsible for leading all strategies for development and delivery of Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) interventions.
- He/she is required to spearhead quality management in AHME supported health areas, he/she will take the lead in training providers, supportive supervision, incidence management quality audits of AHME health areas and reporting.
- He/She will provide technical direction and implementation of MNCH interventions of the AHME project in accordance with the national MNCH guidelines.
Quality Management BEMONC (50%):
- Ensure quality management in AHME supported health areas, he/she will take the lead in training providers, supportive supervision, incidence management quality audits of AHME health areas and reporting.
- Provide and sustain linkage with SafeCare to enhance quality services in the BlueStar Franchise
- Collate monthly progress reports on quality assurance within the BlueStar Network
- Lead incidence management by establishing clear reporting lines.
- To ensure high level quality services are provided.
- Contribute towards MSION’s strategy and future programme direction, with particular focus on driving MSION towards programme sustainability and increasing access to services to prevent Maternal, newborn and child morbidity and mortality.
- Lead development of technically sound models to MNCH services.
- Ensure effective integration of all AHME’s expanded services within the private network providers within the region
- Objective: A high standard of capacity building among health professionals to deliver the intended programmes.
- Train providers within the network to be sure they are conversant and competent with BEmONC family planning and RH services .
- Develop MSION capacity to provide trainings in the areas of MNCH.
- Supervise and assess the quality of trainings provided by MSION and make recommendation for improvement.
- Lead the efforts to assess and build the capacity of the providers within the BlueStar Network to deliver and sustain the provision of quality, MNCH services.
- Provide technical guidance and develop annual training curricula and materials for capacity building interventions for BlueStar network providers.
- Provide theoretical and practical trainings that focus on MNCH and other health areas under the AHME project
- Work in close collaboration with other Senior Technical Advisors and quality advisors to ensure Quality MNCH services.
- Support Director of Programmes to devise a plan for secondment of clinic staff to MSION franchises to facilitate sharing of experiences and best practices and learnings.
- Contribute to MSION proposal development
- Disseminate documents relevant to MNCH services through MSION’s internal communication channels.
- Provide technical advice and support to the MSION Centers and franchise, on quality control, health services related training, MNCH and other programme implementations.
- Collaborate with all the stakeholders at the national and decentralized level- the FMOH, RHBs, development partners, local traditional authorities, local schools and community groups.
- Create strong relationships with key partners for MNCH.
- The programme advisor must be willing to travel to other states to support the AHME project (at least 50% travels)
- To support MSION centers in handling MNCH related issues that require attention
- Provide technical advice and/ support as and when needed by the medical team and other staffs.
- Provide leadership in the development or adaptation of service delivery models / systems which allow for expansion of service provision while promoting technical quality of care.
Sharing and learning:
- Document and disseminate MSION best medical and programme practices to promote quality and learning.
- Prepare technical papers, materials and presentations and represent MSION at international and domestic professional meetings and contribute for relevant professional publication.
- Contribute to post content on MSION website and corporate publications.
- Ensure appropriate oversight, performance monitoring, and evaluation of AHME program results.
- Ensure documentation of experiences that highlight successes of BEmONC integration.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- MBBS from a recognized university /college with Masters in public health or equivalent.
- At least 6 years hands on experience in delivering quality MNCH services specifically in designing or overseeing MNCH services.
- Experience of advising multi faceted reproductive health services
- Experience in providing and /or management of MNCH trainings.
- Proven clinical training skills on MNCH.
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes:
- Understanding of the issues surrounding provision of MNCH services.
- Good knowledge of MNCH related trainings, quality control and referral systems.
- Collaborative approach to team working.
- Strong personal commitment to the goals of MSION and to put it into practice.
- Knowledge of common software (MS Office).
- Good interpersonal/communication skills – both oral and written.
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills.
- Inspirational and persuasive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and suitability statement as a single attachment to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE / LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline Thursday 29th October, 2015.