Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Reporting to: Assistant Director/ Director, Operations
Duration of contract: 2 years (renewable)
Probationary period: 6 months
The Operations Manager (Ops Manager) is a key member of the Programme Operations Team and will work closely with other team members to achieve MSION objectives. The Ops Coordinator is responsible for supporting the delivering of strategic targeted coordination to management (field implementation, financial, and administrative), and implementation of our nation-wide programmes.
She/he support the Operations Director in directing the operational activities of the organisation to ensure effective implementation, continual improvement and strengthening of MSION’s service delivery programmes. This includes clinical outreach, social marketing, donor project implementation and relationship management partnership management with partner institutions, procurement and logistics, fleet management and coordination for MSION field implementation team members.
Reporting to Director Operations, responsible for achieve financial sustainability, effective management, high productivity and growth. He/she leads support and coordination, preparation and execution of field operating budgets, and work plans; ensure financial, administrative and logistical resources to field programme operations team adheres to MSION minimum standards; and assures quality operations in line with annual and long-term strategic goals and objectives
1. Field Operations Management
- Supporting the Head of Operations(HOPs), follows up with all regional manager to ensure that agreed task are delivered as scheduled
- Work closely and coordinate support office functions/channel to regional and programme managers to ensure leadership and growth of centres, outreach, social marketing and social franchising operations
- Support regional and state teams in the development of annual and quarterly budgets and financial performance targets and support the HOPs in monitoring budgetary management and performance
- Ensure equitable distribution of resources according to the workplans and resource needs of all MSN’s regions.
- Support HOPs in monitoring progress of field activities and make adjustments as necessary to ensure successful completion of set objectives
2. Programme Operations and Implementation and Management:
- Work closely with field operations team members, take a strategic, forward-looking role in establishing MSION future programme direction, with particular focus on driving MSION towards programme sustainability, and ensuring the organisation plays a leading role in improving health demographics in the Nigeria
- Draft and implement field operations workplans in consultation and co-ordination with other departments including overseeing field operations budget management
- Ensure all field activities are implemented on time, within budget and to quality
Procurement and Logistics
· In coordination with Procurement & Logistics team
- Coordinate support of field logistics to operations team ensuring that systems including ordering, transportation, delivery, storage, and control and reporting on the use of program, projects and team supplies are in accordance with MSION policies.
- Implement an effective system for the supply of commodities to match client demands, supporting in launching new offices and Centres / Clinics, and other field day-to-day procurements at field levels
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Collate monthly, quarterly and annual Operations reports flowing from each regional/state reports
- Produce operations monthly factsheet and quarterly MSION Newsletter;
- Manage and report periodically on the field implementation of MSION annual work-plan among others.
- Work with the HOPs to ensure operations data management alignment with field strategy, agreement on annual targets and inclusion of data collection and analysis activities in the work plan
- Work with RMs to ensure at least one human interest story or success story are produced monthly. This must be well documented and presented as part of quarterly report
- Produce progress reports for the Line Manager on a regular basis
- As a member of the operations team, demonstrate a strong commitment to MSION mission and goals and encourage a similar commitment from all team members
- Link, train and harmonise different departments of the organisation to work efficiently together in order to meet field operations requirements as well as achieve MSION goals
- Ensure that a high level of communication is maintained with other MSION departments, as well as with external partners and MSI
- Encourage a positive culture, work environment and attitude among all team members
- From time to time represent the organisation at meetings, workshops, press conferences, or other forums
- From time to time carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by the Operations Director
· At-least first degree in communication, public health or related discipline required
· At least five years post NYSC experience in INGO
· Experience in USAID / DFiD/BMGF or other donor funded projects an asset
· Experience in project management
· Proven excellent technical oral, written, and editing abilities
· Ability to present and write for multiple audiences
· Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Ability to work well with others in team environments
· Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
· Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
· Strong people management skills
· Strategic guidance and planning skills
· Report writing
Attitude / Motivation:
. Motivated personally and professionally to develop
· Willingness to travel as requested
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to[email protected] not later than Thursday 10th March 2016. MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.