Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds & London we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Construction, Medical, and Finance, Insurance, FMCG and Manufacturing sectors.
Mackenzie Stuart is working with a leading global provider of Freight Forwarding, Shipping and Agency Services.
They provide multi-modal forwarding solutions, high-end shipping services and supply chain optimisation solutions worldwide. The client are looking to grow from their strong platform in Nigeria and across West Africa as a whole – with the Oil & Gas, General Cargo and Agency Services as the key driver.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Due to plans for restructuring and subsequent growth, the business requires an experienced Country Manager/Managing Director candidate with a background in the Oil & Gas, General Cargo and Agency Services as the key driver.
- This is a role that combines both a testing team leadership environment and the need for business development and growth. Any applicant will be required to provide evidence of business development skills and experience in leading teams where there has been a challenging conflict between local and expatriate staff.
- Obviously the position is based in a very challenging environment and so any experience in areas such as this would be preferred.
- Targeting leading clients within select industry verticals – and by optimising internal operations – you will utilise your high level relationships to help set the structures in place to secure sales growth and to align the business with the strategic intents outlined.
- The business is seeking someone with a background in Country Management and Managing Director positions – Air & Ocean Freight but critically any experience in Shipping or Ships Agency work will be of great assistance.
- As the candidate will be tasked with leading the function country-wide, any experience at this level will make any candidate stand out from others of a similar background. Evidence of ‘hunting’ and achieving key contracts is a must. ‘Expat versus local relationship’ – guidance skills required.
- Applicants must speak both English and have previous experience in the Freight Forwarding and Shipping industries respectively (individuals without these pre-requisites will NOT be considered)
- Degree level educational qualifications will assist any worthy candidate.
- The company requires experience of the West African market as an essential pre-requisite for the role
USD 120k (net) + housing + company car + education allowance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Due to the large number of applications if you have not heard anything within 14 days then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.