Vodacom Business is an international company with its head office based in Johannesburg, South Africa and operations in the 12 other African countries, including Nigeria, Kenya and Cameroon.
With customers in 40 African countries and spread throughout the world and European offices in London, Paris and Brussels, some travel could be a requirement.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Managing Director Job Vacancy At Vodacom.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Managing Director: Vodacom Business Nigeria
Ref No: 000701/GD/MD1
Job Type : Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
- Reporting to the board of Directors and Chairman of the board of Vodacom Business Nigeria the Managing Director will provide strategic vision, planning and operational leadership to ensure that the company’s investment decisions optimize Vodacom Business Nigeria’s ability to compete in the market and grow return on investment for shareholders.
- Report to the Board on all the relevant information on company’s strategy and operations
- Develop, present alternatives and recommend courses of action for board consideration.
- Formulate and recommend short, medium to long term strategic plan, with clear objectives and performance targets.
- Prepare annual capital and operational expenditure budgets to be approved by the board.
- Drive business development efforts to ensure that Vodacom Business Nigeria is able to meet its business plan.
- Lead staff in achievement of business objectives with integrity, fairness, transparency and rigor.
- Provide strong and effective leadership to all staff, the Managing Director will create an environment which attracts and retains talent at Vodacom Business Nigeria
- Provide leadership to senior management team the Managing Director will ensure a safe working environment to all staff and that staff are motivated and guided to contribute fully to realizing the company mission, vision, goals and objectives.
- Ensure the most effective acquisition and allocation of resources, financial, human and physical resources.
- Prepare and lead the company to meet the challenges presented by the new macro-economic trends and developments in the market.
- Be the custodian of Vodacom Business Nigeria brand and will position us as leader in the cloud and IT outsource and managed services space.
- Ensure effective communication of the company’s strategy, objectives and performance to create a positive profile for Vodacom Business Nigeria.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with high-level stakeholders and acts as company spokesperson.
- Control, monitoring and performance standards and mechanism are in place, relative to the utilization of all corporate resources.
- Develop and maintain effective and innovative organisational structure based on achieving the agreed performance objectives reflecting industry and market structure and Vodacom Business Nigeria’s market ambitions.
- Maintain that board approved delegation of authority throughout the company.
- Ensure the optimal utilization of resources to drive business performance and organisational success.
- Ensure the use of an effective financial performance management system, proper internal audits, financial management and record keeping and systems of administration.
- Responsible for management of the company’s compensation strategy and plan and ensures that Vodacom Business Network remains the employer of choice.
- Identify opportunities and implement new methods of improving existing operations with a sharp focus on improving the bottom line results.
- Foster research for new approaches to conducting business in an environment which provides the resources and communication flows necessary for building a high performance culture at Vodacom Business Nigeria.
- Keep abreast of external business and macro-economic environment in which Vodacom Business Nigeria and its stakeholders operate.
Education and Experience
- We require at least 12 years’ experience in a similar industry or role
- Post graduate qualification (MBA) preferable
- 5 years’ experience in a Senior leadership role or similar
- A three year tertiary qualification preferably a Bachelor’s degree or relevant
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 21st September, 2015