G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries and sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
We make a difference by helping people to operate in safe and secure environments where they can thrive and prosper and we believe this role can only grow in importance.
G4S is the largest employer on the London Stock Exchange, with operations in more than 125 countries and over 620,000 employees. In this annual report we feature the important work carried out by our employees across our 125 countries. We are proud of the role they play in securing your world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Managing Director
- To guide the Company through the complexities within its key areas of business and to develop medium term strategies for the development of those areas of business and of the market.
- To direct, formulate and / or approve policies processes and procedures on service quality and pricing with a particular focus on customer relationships.
- To direct the Company towards providing a systematic high level of effective, efficient and profitable service to our customers.
- To ensure that the correct level of skills, education and experience are identified for management positions and to recruit adequate persons to fill these positions.
- To plan, prepare and monitor the business plan and budget, driving superior performance and achieving objectives so as to ensure high levels of sustainable profitability.
- To formulate, develop and communicate a clear vision and comprehensive strategies that will generate the required changes for the business to ensure its long term profitability and sustained growth.
- To maintain close contact with the workforce through key managers to ensure feedback opportunities, the maintenance of good morale, a high level of employee inspiration and engagement as well as a high standard of staff integrity and honesty.
- To develop and maintain strong communications mechanisms so that key issues confronting the Company are promptly identified and focused on.
- To report to shareholders and the board on organisational plans and performance.
- To execute the responsibilities of a company director according to lawful and ethical standards, as determined by Local Law and referenced in the Company Business Ethics policy.
- To develop long terms strategic relationships with stakeholders in government, labour organisations and other stakeholder institutions.
- To work collaboratively ensuring the best interests of the whole organisation.
- Relevant formal / Technical tertiary qualification preferred.
- Background in security/service management.
- 8+ years experience in a business in an executive/senior management position.
- Multilingual with a high degree of fluency in English.
- Strong commitment, leadership and management skills.
- Experience in change management, the development and implementation of medium-term growth strategies and strong operating processes and mechanisms for sustained performance.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, marketing and negotiation skills.
- Capable of working effectively and productively with team members from diverse cultural environments.
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of policies, systems, processes and procedures and the creation of effective organizational structures.
- Experienced in living and working in a professional commercial capacity overseas.
- Ability to maintain strong ethical and professional values.
- The ability to operate in complex and diverse cultural environments.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid environmental changes.
- Proficient in the ability to identify key issues in complex business situations, analyse and understand causation and context, crossing the barriers of languages and culture and then model a range of options and develop appropriate responses.
- Autonomous and results orientated, with a clear determination to succeed.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online