The Manager, Risk Management role will create processes for assessing, identifying, monitoring and preventing operational, technical & business risks. Their overarching purpose is to protect the company or organization from risks that could interfere with the company’s objectives and goals and mitigate risk where it is unavoidable. The role is responsible for ensuring the company complies with its own operating policies and procedures.
Director, Fulfilment Operations
Duties & Responsibilities
• Managing organizational policy systems and corporate records to implement best practices, effective operations and compliance with federal and state laws.
• Leading and performing comprehensive analysis of complex issues and organizational needs to identify areas of improvement and program efficiencies.
• Proactively developing, drafting and recommending corporate policies, standards, and programs to ensure effective operations, provide clear and thorough guidance, enable prudent decisions, and promote a workplace of excellence.
• Managing and leading program/policy reviews with all levels of employees management.
• Developing and delivering presentations which layout policy proposals and recommendations in a sound, concise and logical manner.
• Developing and implementing effective communication strategies for review of policy proposals and understanding of adopted policies/programs.
• Overseeing and monitoring the implementation of the compliance program
• Reporting on a regular basis to the Director Fulfillment Operations and compliance committee on the progress of implementation, and assisting these components in establishing methods to improve efficiency and quality of services, and to reduce the vulnerability to fraud, abuse, and waste
• Periodically revising the program in light of changes in the needs of the organization, and in the law and policies
• Developing, coordinating, and participating in a multifaceted educational and training program that focuses on the elements of the compliance program, and seeks to ensure that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with standards
• Ensuring that independent contractors and agents who services to the business are aware of the requirements of the compliance program
• Coordinating internal compliance review and monitoring activities, including periodic reviews of departments
• Responding to government investigations and queries as the principal point of contact
• Independently investigating and acting on matters related to compliance, including the flexibility to design and coordinate internal investigations (e.g., responding to reports of problems, ‘hot-line’ calls, or suspected violations) and any resulting corrective actions
• Developing policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties without fear of retaliation
• Facilitate the completion of comprehensive operations process and policy documentation for K-Express
• Conduct design and quality assurance testing as required to ensure readiness for internal audits and managements testing
• Perform gap analysis of current operations Processes to ISO standards and overall compliance requirements
Audit & Investigations
• Develop and Implement reliable systems and process for intelligence gathering by carrying out surveillance, information and intelligence gathering activities
• Liaise, establish and maintain relationships with relevant law enforcement and security agencies
• Monitor progress of any case(s) referred to the police or any other such agencies.
• Active involvement in community relations issues
• Ensure effective and periodic security surveillance
• Conduct periodic risk assessment, threat analysis and security reviews and submit written recommendations to management
• Produce monthly report on security of logistics fleet nationwide
• Effective management of employee communications on security matters
• Manage security awareness and regular security briefing sessions and security alerts for employees
• Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and to bring to the attention of the business any relevant new health and safety legislation.
• Ensure that all “assessments” as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals and to maintain records of the same.
• Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports of all the company’s operations.
• Immediately contact the business if situations are found that require immediate rectification or the stopping of any operation.
• To carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms.
• To highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance.
• To bring new techniques for improving health, safety and welfare to the attention of the business
Skills & Competencies
• Minimum 7 years work experience
• At least 3 years risk management experience in a audit firm
• Security investigations and intelligence skills
• Ability to monitor and prosecute cases
• Proven ability to maintain contact and relationships with state and national security agencies/officials
• Strong supervisory skills
Qualifications & Experience
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Related Discipline
• First degree in any discipline
• Professional qualification will be an added advantage
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here