Twitter is changing the way the media industry connects with its audience, develops its content and measures its success. We are looking for someone with experience in the sport and/or TV industries to join our media team in London, helping our African media partnership team in multiple verticals to get the most from the Twitter platform.
You will be responsible for bringing scale and service to our most influential partners within multiple verticals. Tasks include: verifying accounts; joining meetings with high profile Twitter users to take notes and conduct follow up; providing the day-to-day back-end support that allows the media team to maximize its impact. Projects will vary from conducting research on accounts and content, to crafting best practice documentation, to researching and categorizing accounts.
You must have deep experience of the Twitter platform, in-depth knowledge of the media landscape in Africa and proven sports and/or TV experience within an existing company in the media industry.
This role will report to the Partnerships Manager for Twitter Africa.
- Demonstrable expertise of the media landscape in Africa
- Deepen and extract more value from Twitter’s numerous creative and business relationships
- Aid with a multitude of tasks in supporting Twitter’s Media Partnerships team
- Take on major organization, operations and research projects that will optimize our team’s outreach
- Be responsible for generating case studies, data-driven analyses, documenting best practices and brainstorming ideas for creative use of Twitter in different verticals – particularly news and sport
Success is measured by:
- Increase in overall Twitter engagement and activity by media partners including their volume of content plays, above-baseline follower growth, engagement metrics and log-in frequency
- Volume and quality of on-air and in-venue integrations, as measured by the increase in the Tweet volume and engagement per integration
- Volume and adoption rate of new best practices you identify, package and market successfully
- Effectiveness of systems you design and implement to track growth in usage and content quality amongst media partners