MSI is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 30-year history of helping to deliver development results across the developing world.
We operate in some of the most challenging political and economic climates in the world, including Pakistan, Afghanistan, South Sudan and Iraq. MSI currently employs 800 development experts in the fields of public sector management, monitoring and evaluation, governance and anti-corruption.
Job Position: Communications Specialist, Power Africa, Nigeria
Power Africa addresses one of the most pressing challenges to sustainable economic growth and development in sub Saharan Africa –access to electrical power. Launched by President Obama in June 2013, Power Africa is working with African governments, the private sector, and other partners to add more than 30,000 megawatts (MW) of cleaner, more efficient electricity generation capacity as well as increase electricity access by adding 60 million new home and business connections throughout all of sub-Saharan Africa. USAID coordinates the initiative with 11 other agencies and the National Security Council.
MSI is seeking candidates for the full-time/long-term position of Communications Specialist. This position will provide technical and strategic leadership for PATA’s outreach, public affairs, and general communications.
**Please note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position.**
- Provide technical support, management, and oversight of all media-related activities implemented under the program.
- Develop project-related communication and outreach strategies to ensure effective public awareness, and effective integration and coordination across all program components.
- Manage the program’s webpage, as well as its Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Produce a monthly program E-Newsletter.
- Work closely with staff to develop stories and online content on program activities and achievements.
- Draft, write and edit written materials in English and [other language] including success stories, newsletters, factsheets, outreach materials, and other communication products.
- Act as the point of contact for all media inquiries.
- Maintain the program photo gallery.
- Oversee all communication trainings and review materials to ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations pertaining to training power point presentations, handouts, visuals, videos, etc.
- Ensure project compliance with the Branding and Marking Plan.
- Act as a liaison between beneficiary CSOs, municipalities and Communications and Media trainers to bolster capacity-building activities at the individual and institutional levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or a related field.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of demonstrated experience in writing reports, press releases, newsletters, and other communications materials.
- Written and oral fluency in Arabic and English.
- USAID experience preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply