Management Systems International (MSI) – is seeking candidates for the full-time/long-term position of Institutional Strengthening and Governance Advisor. This position will provide technical leadership on cross cutting institutional strengthening issues as well as frameworks and facilitation regarding implementing policy change. The position will report to the Chief of Party and manage the work of all cross cutting personnel.
Job Position: Institutional Strengthening and Governance Advisor, Power Africa, Nigeria
Power Africa addresses one of the most pressing challenges to sustainable economic growth and development in sub Saharan Africa –access to electrical power. Launched by President Obama in June 2013, Power Africa is working with African governments, the private sector, and other partners to add more than 30,000 megawatts (MW) of cleaner, more efficient electricity generation capacity as well as increase electricity access by adding 60 million new home and business connections throughout all of sub-Saharan Africa. USAID coordinates the initiative with 11 other agencies and the National Security Council.
**Nigerian citizens are preferred for this position**
Responsible for institutional strengthening across the project including:
- Managing skills transfer agreements between the project and counterpart institutions
- Assisting project advisors with coaching and skills to transfer technical expertise
- Arranging and managing institutional twinning arrangements, if any, in collaboration with relevant technical advisors
- Identifying opportunities for scaling up in collaboration with relevant technical advisors
- Assessing institutional capacities and performance with individual organizations and across organizations
- Ensuring programs and approaches lead to measurable institutional performance change
- Responsible for governance across the project including:
- Leading and coordinating policy change across agencies at national or regional level as necessary in collaboration with relevant technical advisors
- Leading and coordinating anti-corruption approaches
- Provide technical direction for all cross-cutting areas and ensure they are integrated across the project:
- Ensuring gender is integrated throughout programs and approaches
- Ensuring M&E system coherence and compliance with USAID data requirements
- Ensuring training programs are well conceived and implemented
- Ensuring communications are effective and timely
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Organization Development, Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or other relevant applied behavioral science.
- Minimum of seven years professional level experience in Organization Development.
- Excellent leadership and influence skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Preference will be given to candidates with power sector experience.
- Nigeria experience preferred.
- USAID experience preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.