Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Technical Verification Group Leader for a potential multiyear performance-based program in Nigeria that rewards federal and state governments based on their performance in increasing utilization of maternal and child health interventions with the goal of saving the lives of women and children in Nigeria. MSH would provide an independent, credible, and coherent analysis of state and federal performance on the coverage indicators and monitor the disbursement of cash awards based on results.
Job Title: Technical Verification Group Leader
The Technical Verification Group Leader works in close collaboration with the PBF Verification Team Leader and supervises the verification field team. This team will be responsible for reviewing program elements related to Primary Health Care (PHC) service provision, operational structures, and financial accountability using a range of M&E approaches for validation and verification. S/he determines the scopes of work and protocols for the verification team site visits across relevant states to verify the performance of indicators and targets to assure that expectations and required results are fully met (and validated) prior to authorization of payment.
S/he will work with the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation and members of the Verification Team to compile and analyze performance results reported in facility surveys and performance reports and in collaboration with the Director of Finance and Operations to calculate warranted payments for submission to the Team Leader for authorization.
S/he will work closely with the Finance Manager to provide supervision and guidance to field operations support staff and will serve as a key part of the Monitoring and Evaluation team to analyze and document results and impact, compile reports, and assure transparency in the performance data system.
This position is contingent upon project award and funding.
- Design and implement the Project’s reporting system, including managing project progress, ensuring timely data collection, writing quarterly and annual reports, and liaising with the project financial team to track the budget in relation to all project results and outcomes.
- Provide technical inputs to the technical verification team in order to assist in reaching program goals and objectives as well as to strategically inform the decisions on project performance and future direction to the project.
- Collaborate with M&E Specialist to provide regularly updated reports on the status of implementation against the project goals and objectives to stakeholders as required.
- Collaborate with the project team in identifying project activities, processes and/or outcomes that are worthy of documentation, and design a system for capturing lessons learned and best practices.
- Adhere to MSH procurement integrity and institutional standards and procedures in all project management responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Experience
- Advanced degree in management, public health, policy & program evaluation, or other related field.
- Knowledge of data collection protocols to ensure accurate data collection, verification, and analysis is essential, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate this information to allow for changes in program implementation.
- Fluency in English required.
- Well-developed capacity to provide supportive supervision to a broad range of technical areas. Significant background in Performance Based Financing (PBF) and Payments by Results (PBR) program design and management.
- Significant background in PBF and PBR program design and management.
- Capacity for effective leadership.
- Record of effective management of human and material resources on a large scale.