Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Sokoto
Job ID: 13-8920
Location: Sokoto, Nigeria
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Project/Program: A056 PRO-ACT
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
- The success of the PRO-ACT project depends largely on accurate, complete and timely reporting of achievements to PEPFAR/USAID. Achievement of set targets is of utmost importance. Hence, the objective of the M&E Officer position is to provide technical leadership in the roll-out of LMS-ACT M&E plan in the states integrating it with other health systems and generating strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices.
- PRO-ACT is an MSH-implemented project in Nigeria that aims at supporting State Ministries of Health and State Action Committees on AIDS (SACA) to deliver comprehensive HIV/AIDS/TB services – including providing antiretroviral therapy for the hundreds of thousands of people in need in Nigeria.
- The project will scale up the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming to achieve its goals for provision of ART, palliative care services for HIV-TB co-infected individuals, and prevention of HIV transmission from mother-to-child (PMTCT).
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State PRO-ACT project plan in collaboration with the Directors, Advisors and State Teams.
- Manage the roll-out of the project M&E data quality assurance system including quarterly data quality audits.
- Assist the STL to coordinate the establishment/strengthening of one state M&E system that informs policy and practice.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at the state.
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Work with LMS-ACT management to document and publish best practices.
- Take lead in the implementation of PRO-ACT state M&E plan and reporting formats for PEPFAR indicators and targets in collaboration with the State Team, Advisors and Directors
- Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the PRO-ACT central data base and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Take lead in building the capacity of health units’ M&E staff and relevant health and community workers in collection, summarization, analysis and presentation of M&E data.
- Supervision: Works independently and reports to the State Team Leader.
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to information within project, and is responsible for program data generation and management.
- Responsibility over assets: Overall responsibility assigned assets in the program.
- Responsibility over Staff: None
- Decision Making: : Working within project strategy and policy guidelines, makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
- Spearheading the roll-out of PRO-ACT M&E plan in line with PEPFAR and national reporting requirements
- Member of the State Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance
- Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
- Significant experience working in HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR reporting systems highly desirable, particularly for HIV Counseling and Testing, prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission, ART, palliative care, and OVC desirable
- Excellent writing skills, oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- At least 2 years hand-on-experience in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Significant experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 2 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th March, 2016.